How do I add store address to pay by personal check?

Hello There

I’m wanting to add personal check (cheque) payment to my store.

However, I’d like the store address to appear when they select this radio button so they know where to send the check to.

I have tried adding these details to the end of this file

skins/base/customer/payments/personal_check.tpl

using in HTML surrounded by {literal} tags.

Am I editing the wrong file?

Or should I be doing something different?

[quote name=‘adders’]Hello There

I’m wanting to add personal check (cheque) payment to my store.

However, I’d like the store address to appear when they select this radio button so they know where to send the check to.

I have tried adding these details to the end of this file

skins/base/customer/payments/personal_check.tpl

using in HTML surrounded by {literal} tags.

Am I editing the wrong file?

Or should I be doing something different?[/QUOTE]

In order to add some additional information to the template (personal_check.tpl) please do the following:

1. Log in your administrator panel and click on the “Languages” link in the “ADMINISTRATION” side box on the right.
  2. Under the “Language variables” section add a new language variable (e.g.check_details) using the “Add new item(s)” form. Enter your details into the “VALUE” field and click on the “Add new” button.
  3. Open the necessary payment template (personal_check.tpl). All payment templates are located in the “skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/payments” directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  4. Add the following line of the code:

{$lang.bank_details}

below this one:

and save the file.

5. Open the storefront and go to checkout. Select the payment method on the “Order details” page and click on the “Continue” button. The details should be displayed on the “Summary” page above the “Order notes” input field.

Hello OrangeGirl

Thanks that is brilliant.

Cheers

You are welcome;)

Once the customer selects cheque payment, how do I save it and show it the next time user selects this payment.