How can the mailchimp add-on help me lazer target my email campaigns?

How can the mailchimp add-on help me lazer target my email campaigns? For example if I sell flowers, chocolates and perfume there is no point in me emailing those who bought flowers about perfum… so does the add-on capture what the customer bought or atleast from what category they bought so that I know what to email and to who

I ask because I am guessing that the addon just sticks everyone into one mailchimp list so although you are building a list how will you know what they bought unless you match their email address back to your cs-cart customer base and then check one by one

BTW - I have nt yet bought the add-on yet but just wanted this question answered to help me in my buying process

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘badmaash’]How can the mailchimp add-on help me lazer target my email campaigns? For example if I sell flowers, chocolates and perfume there is no point in me emailing those who bought flowers about perfum… so does the add-on capture what the customer bought or atleast from what category they bought so that I know what to email and to who

I ask because I am guessing that the addon just sticks everyone into one mailchimp list so although you are building a list how will you know what they bought unless you match their email address back to your cs-cart customer base and then check one by one

BTW - I have nt yet bought the add-on yet but just wanted this question answered to help me in my buying process

Thanks

B[/QUOTE]

I don’t know B… All three of those products go together… I’d work on a marketing campaign that gives flower buyers a reason to buy perfume and vice versa.

When you install the addon, you will export all your existing order data over to mailchimp. After the install, the order data is sent there as each order is placed. You then have many options to use for segmenting at Mailchimp. It does include product purchased and category purchased.

Here are some of the options. You can make a list of conditions and select the option to match “any” or “all” of the condition(s) you choose.

product purchased - you choose from the list of products

category purchased - also choose from the list

purchase date is/is before/is after xx/xx/xxxx

spent (one order) is more than/is less than $xx.xx

spent (total) is more than/is less than $xx.xx

subscriber activity opened/clicked/did not open/did not click xyz campaign

You can also narrow by any other fields that happen to have data like email address, state, zip, etc. (For instance, send only to aol.com by choosing email address ends with ‘aol.com’)

I will say that when I first got the list over there, the purchase date was not giving me the correct results. It was a problem caused by an update at mailchimp and it took several emails to get in touch with someone who actually knew how the API works and then they fixed it. This is a problem with Mailchimp NOT the addon. I’ve had it happen again with one of the other options.

[quote name=‘ogia’]When you install the addon, you will export all your existing order data over to mailchimp. After the install, the order data is sent there as each order is placed. You then have many options to use for segmenting at Mailchimp. It does include product purchased and category purchased.

Here are some of the options. You can make a list of conditions and select the option to match “any” or “all” of the condition(s) you choose.

product purchased - you choose from the list of products

category purchased - also choose from the list

purchase date is/is before/is after xx/xx/xxxx

spent (one order) is more than/is less than $xx.xx

spent (total) is more than/is less than $xx.xx

subscriber activity opened/clicked/did not open/did not click xyz campaign

You can also narrow by any other fields that happen to have data like email address, state, zip, etc. (For instance, send only to aol.com by choosing email address ends with ‘aol.com’)

I will say that when I first got the list over there, the purchase date was not giving me the correct results. It was a problem caused by an update at mailchimp and it took several emails to get in touch with someone who actually knew how the API works and then they fixed it. This is a problem with Mailchimp NOT the addon. I’ve had it happen again with one of the other options.[/QUOTE]

Hi

Thanks, ,for reply

So are you saying that the add-on has the functionality to pass the category the the customer bought from and therefore put that subscriber into a certain list?

Thanks

B

Do you have a mailchimp account? If so, you can view list subscribers and then click the ‘segment’ link to see how this works.

Everyone is on one list so there is no duplication. However, you have data tied to all those subscribers so that when it’s time to send a campaign you can send only to people who match the conditions you set. You can also view a list of those people and download it if you wish.

The addon has the capability to send order data so that each subscriber can be targeted by all the factors I mentioned in my previous email and more.

The addon passes most relevant ecommerce info for each order. You can also have a list associated with an individual category and if a purchased product has this as their main category, then the user will be added to that list too (same for specific products).

Note that an Ecomm record is not associated with any list. It is used as a joining element between a list and the ultimate destintation list. I.e. you would search a list in a campaign for all users who pruchased the xyz product between 12/1/10 and 1/30/11. It would filter the list associated with the campaign to only those users who matched the criteria.

List info sent for each list used (if user selects opt-in) is:

[quote]

EMAIL, TITLE, FNAME, LNAME, COMPANY, PHONE, FADDRESS, STREET, STREET2, CITY, COUNTY, STATE, ZIP and COUNTRY

[/quote]

Order info sent in Ecomm info (plus above) is:

[quote]

Order Id

email

total

order_date

shipping_amount

tax_total

store_id (set in addon settings)

store_name (set in addon settings)

plugin_id (my mailchimp provider_id)

[/quote]

For items in the order, the following are sent:

[quote]

line_num

product_id (actually the product_code)

product_name

category_id

category_name (this is the category path since leaf node names can be duplicate)

qty

item_total

[/quote]

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The addon passes most relevant ecommerce info for each order. You can also have a list associated with an individual category and if a purchased product has this as their main category, then the user will be added to that list too (same for specific products).

Note that an Ecomm record is not associated with any list. It is used as a joining element between a list and the ultimate destintation list. I.e. you would search a list in a campaign for all users who pruchased the xyz product between 12/1/10 and 1/30/11. It would filter the list associated with the campaign to only those users who matched the criteria.

List info sent for each list used (if user selects opt-in) is:

Order info sent in Ecomm info (plus above) is:

For items in the order, the following are sent:[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks for clearing this up… makes more sense to me now… so basically all that info you listed is send along with the email address to my list. Then when I want to run a specific campaign I create an email and then do a search for people who bought say flowers anad then mailchimp shows all the peeps who bought flowers and then I simplyu fire of an email to them

Pretty good stuff… just waiting to finish off some site before I buy this add-on…

Thx

Basically correct. Here’s a simple example:

You have a list in mailchimp called my_list. You have configured the addon to add customers who purchase products to be added to that list.

When customer purchases, all the info from the 1st part of the info I described above is added to the list my_list. Let’s say they purchased 3each of the ABC product.

An additional record is sent related to the order called an ecomm record. These are two separate things but the thing that joins them together is the email address.

So if you go to mailchimp and create a campaign using the list my_list. By default, all members of my_list would be included in the email.

But let’s say that I wanted to only send this email to people who bought 2 or more of ABC. I could then use the segmentation in mailchimp to restrict the list to only those email addresses where the ecomm record matches the criteria and their email address is in my_list.

Hope this is clearer now. Most of this info is in the mailchimp documentation on Segmentation.