How can i remove "There are no products under this category"

Hello all,

when there is no any product a category, i see “There are no products under this category” message, how can i remove this message, even there is no any product a category, i dont see any message the category, is it possible? thnx

You will probably have to remove the text from the language variable. I can’t see one with that specific text, but it is probably “text_no_products”. Just search your language variables for “no products”.

Tbirnseth’s solution would work just fine. Another solution would be to edit:

skins/your-skin/customer/views/categories/view.tpl

Just delete:

{$lang.text_no_products}

Near the bottom of the file.

Brandon

Zapping it at the language variable level has the benefit of not having the change overwritten by a future upgrade. Why manage changes to standard templates when you don’t have to? I always prefer to find a non-conflict method if at all possible. But everyone has the method they are comfortable and familiar with.

I wasn’t trying to promote one way or the other. I was just saying that it could be done either way.

I agree, changing the language variable would be the better way.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I wasn’t trying to promote one way or the other. I was just saying that it could be done either way.

I agree, changing the language variable would be the better way.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

thank you brandonvd, it is ok :wink:

It’s all good Brandon. Trouble is that the breadth of technical savvy here is so wide, it’s difficult to know the audience we’re responding to. I try (and I know you do to) to educate wherever possible. Kind of the teaching to fish versus giving them a fish.

Your alternative approach is great for some and your support of the forums is greatly appreciated and recognized.

That’s the great thing about software, there are 10,000 ways to skin a cat!