How Can I Print A Picking List With Product Locations

Currently we have over 2000 products on our website. As you can imagine, trying to find a product when it sells is next to impossible without some sort of location assigned to that product. We are trying to move our website to CS-Cart and cannot find a way to input a product location for each product. Does anyone have a suggest for this? Also, when an order is placed, we need to be able to print this product location either on the packing list or on a picking list. Any suggestions?

You'd have to do a simple addon to add location info to products.

It's relatively simple unless you want to search by it or do other operations on it other than having warehouse/isle/bin location info.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1388731514' post='174445']

You'd have to do a simple addon to add location info to products.

It's relatively simple unless you want to search by it or do other operations on it other than having warehouse/isle/bin location info.

[/quote]

Great. Do you have any examples on doing this? We not only need to add the location, but we need to print for each order.

No examples. You would add the fields to the product detail pages and track them in a separate table (my recommendation). You would then make those fields available to the application and templates via a php hook for the get_product_data hook.

It's 2-3 hours of work for someone who knows what they are doing and will not modify any distributed code. I would suggest it be done as a separate addon.