How Can I Display Brackets In Page Url?

Practically all my products and information page have brackets, because we put brand or synonym between brackets.

If a page title in CS-Cart has special characters like brackets it, then CS-Cart turns brackets into a minus sign. This is unwanted behaviour, because I dont want url's to change for no good reason.

So how do I allow brackets in url's?

Not sure the http specification allows brackets in the url.

You can change it in the seo module, but you might want to verify that your url's are in fact legal values.

thanks. some of the urls have top rank so I don't think it's a problem

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1407009905' post='188690']

Practically all my products and information page have brackets, because we put brand or synonym between brackets.

If a page title in CS-Cart has special characters like brackets it, then CS-Cart turns brackets into a minus sign. This is unwanted behaviour, because I dont want url's to change for no good reason.

So how do I allow brackets in url's?

[/quote]

Open the app/schemas/literal_converter/general.php and replace

'[' => '-',
']' => '-',

with

'[' => '[',
']' => ']',

In this case the system should not replace brackets with minus for the new products.

According to the spec, brackets are reserved for literal IPV6 addresses and future address methods. A bracket used in the path (or filename) should definitely be URL encoded. While this may work, you might get a not-so-pleasant surprise someday when your pages fail to load.

Thanks.