How can I create simple addon?

Hi,

I am working on cs cart , in which i have to create simple addon which will generate category list on each product page , means all the category list on each product page

I gone through these steps

1.created addon on htdocs\cscart\addons\new_addon and similarly install on admin panel

2. cerated the folder with same name

htdocs\cscart\skins\aquarelle_green\customer\addons\new_addon\hook\products

Now How can i proceed further

please help

Is there a reason you’re not just using a standard “block” versus trying to create a whole new addon?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Is there a reason you’re not just using a standard “block” versus trying to create a whole new addon?[/QUOTE]

actually I have to create just simple addon means with view_main_info.override.tpl Can i able to create my functionality and now how can i proceed further ?

If all you want to do is add a hook, just use the my_changes as the addon name and create your override file with whatever content you want. No need to create a whole new addon for simply adding a hook.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If all you want to do is add a hook, just use the my_changes as the addon name and create your override file with whatever content you want. No need to create a whole new addon for simply adding a hook.[/QUOTE]

Hey Thanks to reply

in skins\aquarelle_green\customer\addons\new_addon\hooks\products\view_main_info.override.tpl i just add input tag for text but it doesn’t appear on product page

I am still with same method that i mentioned in question.Please suggest.