How can I add a new list template?

Hi,

I need to create a new list template so that it should be available to use for the newest products and hot deals block.

I've tried to create a new one and place it in the same directory (skins/my-skin/customer/blocks/list_templates/) but it doesn't show up in the admin panel.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Is there any documentation available about it?

Many thanks in advance,

don't create new template in skin directory. you should

1. create new template in this folder: var/skins_repository
  2. login to admin, accessing Design >> Skin Selector, then select new template for your site. Cs-cart will automatic genarate new template to Skin directory. And you can modify new template at Skin directory (not var/skins_repository)

[quote name='taydotech' timestamp='1371039676' post='163472']

don't create new template in skin directory. you should

1. create new template in this folder: var/skins_repository
  2. login to admin, accessing Design >> Skin Selector, then select new template for your site. Cs-cart will automatic genarate new template to Skin directory. And you can modify new template at Skin directory (not var/skins_repository)

[/quote]

Hi taydotech,

Many thanks for your interest and answer, but my problem is not related to the whole store template. I'm trying to get a new list template that should be available for the newest products block (and, for extension, for all product-related blocks).

Do you know a way of doing this? Is it anything so obvious that I can't see?

Thanks in advance for your help!