How big CS-Cart can go?

Hi,

I just wondering how big the data in CS-Cart can be? Would anyone share? I mean the store owner. For example: I have 10,000 items and 1,000 transaction daily or CS-cart can handle 1,000 simultaneous user in one time.

I just feel that, is there any limit for this cs-cart data?

Please share…

Thanks

No limit on CS-Cart, however you will need a knowledable server administrator and coder at some point to improve CS-Carts functions.

Running three multi-million dollar websites with CS-Cart, without issue (mind you I'm a developer of sorts).

Wowww… cool… Thanks for sharing… Jesse, Just wondering when you developed a multi million dollar website. Do they use only 1 server or a lot of server? Anyway, congrats for your new career…

1k transactions/day is a lot. Products is no problem, I have one client with over 200k products all intertwined with lots of features.

Until your server was not going to BOOM :D

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1355376355’ post=‘151041’]

1k transactions/day is a lot. Products is no problem, I have one client with over 200k products all intertwined with lots of features.

[/quote]

Wow… 200k products… how many server you have to make this work?

[quote name=‘miracles’ timestamp=‘1355380172’ post=‘151042’]

Until your server was not going to BOOM :D

[/quote]

:grin:

hahahaha…

It's on a single, dedicated server. Not the ideal config (but i"m not managing that part, I'm only extending the back-end so they can manage the 200K products as fed from their ERP system). I do know that at times, they have to restart mysql due to long queries backing up to the point where the system is essentially frozen. They could move the DB to a different server to resolve this, but they have yet to do that.

I do believe it's a pretty standard 4cpu/8GB type of server… Not something that's over the top.

[quote name=‘dsc81’ timestamp=‘1355375140’ post=‘151039’]

Wowww… cool… Thanks for sharing… Jesse, Just wondering when you developed a multi million dollar website. Do they use only 1 server or a lot of server? Anyway, congrats for your new career…

[/quote]

Two dedicated servers running a load balancer inbetween the servers. Own hardware, colocation in the local city.

Thanks, going to be a long haul but you’ll see a similar development ;)

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1355427207' post='151103']

It's on a single, dedicated server. Not the ideal config (but i"m not managing that part, I'm only extending the back-end so they can manage the 200K products as fed from their ERP system). I do know that at times, they have to restart mysql due to long queries backing up to the point where the system is essentially frozen. They could move the DB to a different server to resolve this, but they have yet to do that.

I do believe it's a pretty standard 4cpu/8GB type of server… Not something that's over the top.

[/quote]

Thanks for your information… really appreciate it…

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1355442182’ post=‘151119’]

Two dedicated servers running a load balancer inbetween the servers. Own hardware, colocation in the local city.

Thanks, going to be a long haul but you’ll see a similar development ;)

[/quote]

Jesse,

Thanks for your information. I don’t have that much item in my store, but I plan to add a lot next year. So, I planning to add another server next year and separate between the database and the cs-cart. That’s why I wonder, how big that cs-cart can handle.

Every time I back up my data, it getting bigger esp on the /images, it’s much more bigger then the mysql itself. much more…

Well, let’s see… thanks for your advise.