Hide product from wholesale customers?

Is there anyway to automatically hide products from wholesale customers if there is not a wholesale price?

Basically I need some way when wholesale customer is logged in they cant see products that

are only available for Retail, and Guest customers but I can't figure out how to accomplish this

because as I understand a Registered customer is everyone so if I set a product at the User Availability setting to only allow Guest, and Registered it will still show for wholesale customers, right?

Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this requirement?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1337442565' post='136812']

Is there anyway to automatically hide products from wholesale customers if there is not a wholesale price?

Basically I need some way when wholesale customer is logged in they cant see products that

are only available for Retail, and Guest customers but I can't figure out how to accomplish this

because as I understand a Registered customer is everyone so if I set a product at the User Availability setting to only allow Guest, and Registered it will still show for wholesale customers, right?

Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this requirement?

[/quote]

Create new usergroup - “Wholesale”, in aviability check all checkboxes except Wholesale

[quote name=‘N1XUS’ timestamp=‘1337443348’ post=‘136814’]

Create new usergroup - “Wholesale”, in aviability check all checkboxes except Wholesale

[/quote]

it still shows up for the user. I think it has something to do with the customer group Registered. Registered

applies to all registered users, so even a wholesale group customer is still a registered customer.

Anyone have any other ideas?

The only other solution I can figure is modifying CS-Cart so by default all users when registering are assigned to a Customer

group automatically then I can manually select customer on some items and wholesale/customer on others but i would

prefer to do not have to edit the core files. I would think this usability is built in to work like I require but maybe not. :(

i need this working for my cart, especially for the postage side…

Anyone?

I have the exact same question. When I allow a product to appear to “registered” it shows the product for both registered customers as well as wholesale.

It almost seems like you don't need a user group of “registered” but instead a group called “customers”

Regular consumers would default to “customers”

So if you create a “wholesale” user group, your could set products to:

All (includes “guest” “customer” and “wholesale”)

Guest (only for those not logged in)

Customer (logged in but not part of any other user group)

Wholesale (example custom user group)

Any suggestions? I have 5 products available for retail sale but only want to offer 2 wholesale. If I choose “registered” as the user group and NOT wholesale, all 5 products appear to wholesale users since they are also registered.

Forget the registered thing. Create 2 or as many as you need usergroups. Then you have to assign the products to each one but take the tick out of registered.

A bit of a pain as every product you create then needs to be assigned to a group but it works

John

YES! John's solution seems to work. Thank you.