Hide percentages from products

Is there any easy way to turn off percentages from showing up next to list prices? I just want people only see the dollar amount being saved, because the percentage looks small in comparison.

Do I have to go through every single template and change this or is there a way to add code to the stylesheet or an option in admin???

There isn't an option to disable it, you could remove it altogether, however, I have an add-on for V2 and V3 which makes the discount display optional globally or per-product.

Or you can set list_price and price to be the same (I.e. no discount).

I believe he wants to hide the discount_label and the % amount from the List Discount.

You will want to edit:

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,] [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]/skins/basic/customer/blocks/product_templates/default_template.tpl[/size][/font][/color]

You are looking for the following code:

{$smarty.capture.$list_discount}

This is the code that controls the “You Saved $X.XX (X%)”

I am not sure how to edit the $list.discount at this point, but that will get you started.

[quote name='ticeholdings' timestamp='1359684437' post='154184']

I believe he wants to hide the discount_label and the % amount from the List Discount.

You will want to edit:

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]/skins/basic/customer/blocks/product_templates/default_template.tpl[/size][/font][/color]

You are looking for the following code:

{$smarty.capture.$list_discount}

This is the code that controls the “You Saved $X.XX (X%)”

I am not sure how to edit the $list.discount at this point, but that will get you started.

[/quote]

Thank you, but does that remove the whole discount or just the percentage. I want it to say, You Saved $5.00 but the 3% next to it, just isn't captivating.

I have an add-on for this, to make both elements - “Save $XX” and “X%” flag - of the discount optional site-wide or per product. It shall be available shortly.

Give a bigger discount so it is captivating! :-)

Sorry, couldn’t resist.