Hide Categories With No Active Items

Does anyone know if there is a way to auto hide categories with no active items in them?

Even better, hide categories and parent categories with no active items.

My categories are 4 levels deep, with items always on the 4th level.

If the 4th level has no active items, I want to hide that level, as well as any levels above it which have no 4th levels with active items.

Example:

Furniture > Armoires & Bookcases > Armoires > Computer/TV Armoires (No Active Items, hide selection)

Furniture > Armoires & Bookcases > Bookcases > Laminate Bookcases (Has Active Items)

"Armoires" and "Computer/TV Armoires" should both be hidden from the category list since "Armoires" is an empty sub-category and "Computer/TV Armoires" (the lowest sub-category) has no active items.

My goal is to prevent customers from seeing the dreaded "There are no products in this section" message when visiting a category with no active items.

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

I am afraid, there is no easy way to do it without additional code modifications.

Does anyone know if there is a way to auto hide categories with no active items in them?

If the 4th level has no active items, I want to hide that level, as well as any levels above it which have no 4th levels with active items.

Example:

Furniture > Armoires & Bookcases > Armoires > Computer/TV Armoires (No Active Items, hide selection)

Furniture > Armoires & Bookcases > Bookcases > Laminate Bookcases (Has Active Items)

"Armoires" and "Computer/TV Armoires" should both be hidden from the category list since "Armoires" is an empty sub-category and "Computer/TV Armoires" (the lowest sub-category) has no active items.

My goal is to prevent customers from seeing the dreaded "There are no products in this section" message when visiting a category with no active items.

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

This needs to be customized. We are available at your service. Please feel free to contact us at support@webkul.com

We can provide you with the code modification. If you have any questions just contact us.

Example:

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

Have you found any solutions to your problem? I am also interested.