Hide A Shipping Method From A User Group

Hey all,

So we have our website set up that if you sign in and are part of the “wholesale” user group then you see discounted pricing. Regular users or visitors don't see this. Regular Users + Visitors also get free shipping over $50 whereas wholesale customers don't. Unfortunately I can't set it up so that wholesale users AREN'T seeing the regular free shipping because all “registered” users can see it. Is there any sort of work around for this?

Thanks!

Hello swannhe,

Have you tried to create a free shipping promotion? Add the necessary conditions like Order subtotal equal or greater $50, User group equal Registered, User group not equal Wholesale. And add a bonus - Free shipping. save and test the results.

Best regards, Alt-team

This also can be done without promotions. Go to the Shipping details page. On the General tab you can see the “User groups” field. Just enable the shipping method for the required user groups.

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1401101666' post='184276']

Hello swannhe,

Have you tried to create a free shipping promotion? Add the necessary conditions like Order subtotal equal or greater $50, User group equal Registered, User group not equal Wholesale. And add a bonus - Free shipping. save and test the results.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

All-team, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give the promotions route a shot.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1401112515' post='184296']

This also can be done without promotions. Go to the Shipping details page. On the General tab you can see the “User groups” field. Just enable the shipping method for the required user groups.

http://demo.cs-cart…ping_id=1&sl=en

[/quote]

This is true, but in both swannhe's case and mine, it doesn't work when trying to distinguish between retail customers and wholesale customers. I can create a shipping option for wholesalers only (which is what I've done to this point), but I can't create a shipping option for non-wholesalers only (i.e., retail). The only choices are “guest” and “registered”, and any wholesaler will see the shipping options presented to all registered users, in addition to the wholesaler-only shipping option(s). There is no way to specify a shipping option for “people who are logged in as registered users, but not wholesalers”.

[quote name='Herbaria' timestamp='1403734501' post='186461']

There is no way to specify a shipping option for “people who are logged in as registered users, but not wholesalers”.

[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. It can be done via additional modification. If you are interested, please contact me