Hidden pages and SEO ???

Hello

Does anyone know if the text Pages which have status Hidden are visible to Google? Are they indexed or not?

Thank you.

Wouldn’t they only be indexed if there was some way for the search engine to get them (e.g. a link from a product page or something)? I’m not that up on search engine indexing but I thought there had to be something somewhere pointing to that page - a link somewhere, sitemap containing the page, etc.

Regards,

Stephanie

Going live with 2.0.8 on 2/1/10!

They are hidden, but visible when the URL is known. Those pages contain some sort of text with hyperlinks pointing to products and navigation. There’s no link back from products to hidden pages.

Everything is in SEF mode / static pages so, Google and other ones can see them - I hope :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]They are hidden, but visible when the URL is known. Those pages contain some sort of text with hyperlinks pointing to products and navigation. There’s no link back from products to hidden pages.

Everything is in SEF mode / static pages so, Google and other ones can see them - I hope ;)[/quote]

If the crawler is able to find the link to your hidden page, then it might be indexed. If not, then not.