Help!

Hello all

I’ve just upgradede to version 2.1.1. of the cart and I have a few problems with my main menu.

What I was wondering is if anyone out there could help me get my main tabs looking like the basic cart (i.e., rounded and at towards the right of the manu tab), but in the colours of my other menu tabs?

I know it’s a long shot, but I just don’t have the technical or design expertise to get it right.

My site can be found here: http://www.moonrust.co.uk.

You are probably better off copying the code for the basic skin tab, and recoloring the tabs that create the rounded look. It’s not exactly simple since the tabs stretch.

Files should end with .png

J.

Hi Jesse

I’ve tried to change it by colouring the basic skin images, but I cant get it to work and I’m getting in an absolite pickle.

Im don’t know if anyone out there would be able to help me…? I’m just not getting anywhere by myself!

Ok you have a little work to do, but it should be pretty easy.

I attached some gifs and some psd files. The psd files don’t need to be uploaded, but I thought you might like them.

First, upload the images that are attached in the zip file to:

skins/moonrust/customer/images

Then you need to change your styles.

1.) On line 357 you have:

#top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active {
background:url("images/top_tab_active.jpg") no-repeat scroll right top #BA55D3;
height:32px;
margin:-4px 0 -1px 3px;
}

Change that to:

#top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active {
background:url("images/top_tab_right_active.gif") no-repeat scroll right top #000000;
height:32px;
margin:-4px 0 -1px 3px;
}

2.) On line 366 you have:

#top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span {
background:url("images/top_tab_active.jpg") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
padding:9px 15px 6px 19px;
}

Change that to:

#top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span {
background:url("images/top_tab_left_active.gif") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
padding:9px 15px 6px 19px;
}

3.) On line 349 you have:

#top_menu ul li.first-level, #top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active {
background:url("images/top_tab.jpg") no-repeat scroll right top #BA55D3;
border:0 none;
height:27px;
margin:0 0 0 3px;
padding:0 2px 0 0;
text-align:left;
}

Change that to:

#top_menu ul li.first-level, #top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active {
background:url("images/top_tab_right.gif") no-repeat scroll right top #000000;
border:0 none;
height:27px;
margin:0 0 0 3px;
padding:0 2px 0 0;
text-align:left;
}

4.) On line 362 you have:

#top_menu ul li.first-level span {
background:url("images/top_tab.jpg") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
padding:6px 12px 4px 16px;
}

Change that to:

#top_menu ul li.first-level span {
background:url("images/top_tab_left.gif") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
padding:6px 12px 4px 16px;
}

I used Firebug to get the code. Firebug is great, but sometimes stuff is added that isn’t really in the code. At the very least this should get you pointed in the right direction.

This only changes the top tabs.

Hope it helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon

I’ve followed you instructions but it doesn’t seem to have worked.

Is there any way I can clear the templates cache?

I’ve also made changes to my Bottom Box that aren’t appearing on the screen.

Doddles,

I can see the changes, but the images that are showing up aren’t the ones I provided.

Did you by chance change the images?

Are you using the My Changes addon? If you are than you would need to put the images in skins/moonrust/customer/addons/my_changes/css/images

To clear your cache you would need to do:

[url]http://www.moonrust.co.uk/your-admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage&cc[/url]

You could also ftp into your site and delete the contents of var/cache and var/compiled

If that doesn’t work, pm me you email and I’ll try my best to help you. I’m at work all day today, but I’m doing lab work inside so I should be able to get some time here and there to help you.

Brandon

Hello

No, I tried that and these are the images that came in the zip file supplied.

Any ideas?

Together with Brandon’s help, I had a tinker around with my styles codes and managed to sort my top menu tabs out.

I’ll be posting my upgraded site in the ‘Advertise Your Site’ section for a bit of feedback.