Help?

Hi,

I’m looking at changing from ecommerce templates to cs cart. A couple of questions.

Is it possible to have forced product options? i.e a customer cannot add to cart without first choosing a listed product option.

Is it a big mod to have an image upload add on? i.e The customer can upload a jpeg from their local computer into the order.

Lastly, does anyone how I find out if I have a Apache + mod_rewrite installed on my server? I’m with 1and1 linux hosting with a business package with PHP 4 & 5and mysql?

Many thanks in advance,

Stuart

[quote]

Is it possible to have forced product options? i.e a customer cannot add to cart without first choosing a listed product option.

[/quote]

Not at this time, a number of people have asked for this feature, not sure if the development team will add this to v2.0.

[quote]

Is it a big mod to have an image upload add on? i.e The customer can upload a jpeg from their local computer into the order.

[/quote]

I shouldn’t think it should be too hard, the development team can quote you for this.

[quote]

Lastly, does anyone how I find out if I have a Apache + mod_rewrite installed on my server? I’m with 1and1 linux hosting with a business package with PHP 4 & 5and mysql?

[/quote]

Make a file called info.php containing:

```php

phpinfo();
?>

```

Save it in you root, then with a web browser goto www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/info.php

Scroll down to “apache2handler” and look through the “Loaded Modules” section for mod_rewrite. That’s if it’s loaded as a module, not sure if it will show if it’s been compiled with mod_rewrite.

Stuart

[quote]I’m looking at changing from ecommerce templates to cs cart.[/quote]

I used to use ecommerce templates and switched to CS-Cart a while back. I couldn’t be happier with my choice. It took some getting used to, but now I can navigate around the code and make changes without too many problems.

[quote]Is it possible to have forced product options?[/quote]

You can’t do this in the current version as just product options, but you could set up a configurable product that would force the customer to pick certain options. I have a link on a different computer that I will try to remember to post later that will show you what I mean.

[quote]Is it a big mod to have an image upload add on?[/quote]

I know that Snorocket’s group is looking at doing a T-Shirt addon that would allow the customer to design their own T-Shirts. Part of this addon would allow the customer to upload their own images, so you might be able to get this to work for you. You would have to check with Snorocket to be sure.

I hope this helps,

Brandon

i also want to know how to from oscommerce to cs-cart . it’s so difficult to us osm .