help with index of wrong pages

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]still confused…

im afraid to disallow the subfolder in root of the domain,as many pages are indexed and the site is ok with googles by now.Are you sure that if i dissalow the sub folder in the robots.txt in the root of the domain,that the SECOND robots.txt in the sub folder will be active??are you 100 per cent sure??so now you are saying i should have 2 robots.txt file…Any other developer could share its experience with us?[/quote]

Hmmm… I see. And why do you use the image.php in the robots? I would use in your case that in the root robots file:

Disallow: /shop/image.php?object_type=It will stop the robots to index all URLs ending with image.php?object_type= in the subfolder.

That works 100%.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Hmmm… I see. And why do you use the image.php in the robots? I would use in your case that in the root robots file:

Disallow: /shop/image.php?object_type=It will stop the robots to index all URLs ending with image.php?object_type= in the subfolder.

That works 100%.[/QUOTE]

SORRY iNDY ,but now you are reallllyyyy confusing me…we are not following anymore…you are giving me all the time dubious answers,I know you are trying to help me,but you are not following a line of tough…if you read,calm,this thread from the beginning and also read your answers,you will see that it doesnt make sense…Don’t you agree?:neutral:

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]SORRY iNDY ,but now you are reallllyyyy confusing me…we are not following anymore…you are giving me all the time dubious answers,I know you are trying to help me,but you are not following a line of tough…if you read,calm,this thread from the beginning and also read your answers,you will see that it doesnt make sense…Don’t you agree?:neutral:[/quote]

Agree. Use that

Disallow: /shop/image.php?object_type=

or

Disallow: /shop/image.php

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]If you have SEO enabled then add:

Disallow: /index.php[/QUOTE]

Can i use a 301 instead of the Disallow ?

re-direct index.php to root / ###

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^./index.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^(.
)index.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]

You don’t need to redirect it. What it specifically does is disallows all of the /index.php?blablablabalbalalblab stuff that you have been complaining about. I am not sure why you just don’t add it and be done with it.?

ahhhh…ok:p

I just got confused…htacess and robots.txt are new for me…

I need redirect index.php in to root. By using for example this ### re-direct index.php to root / ###
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*\/index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]
redirect, operating it.

But after added goods in shopping cart is this error jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting...

What is any solution?

[quote name=‘MimiWatch’]I need redirect index.php in to root. By using for example this ### re-direct index.php to root / ###
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*\/index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]
redirect, operating it.

But after added goods in shopping cart is this error jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting...What is any solution?[/quote]

That might be because the wildcard you use in the code

[*]. This one ^.*menas “include anything before”. Then all index.php files in your subfolders will be affected because they contain index.php files as well.

Maybe I am lost, I am trying other ways but with the same result. Is there any other option for redirect index.php