Help With An Upgrade!

Hi guys.

Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if not but i'm looking for some help.

I currently have an e-commerce site running 3.0.6 and i'm looking to update to the latest version, i have about 5 - 10 bespoke add-ons.

How long should this take and how much should I be looking at spending?

Thanks for the help!

To get a free quote, please provide us with all details here

If you are at 3.0.1, you will need to get to 3.0.6 (5 upgrades).

Probably take you an hour.

Then I'd recommend you do a store import from 3.0.6 to 4.2.5

30 minutes

Then I'd upgrade to 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3.

Another 30 minutes.

Note that none of your addons are going to come forward without development. Also, you should probably build your site in 4.2.5 before import. I.e. you need to get your layout and styling to be what you want in the V4 world (recommend using the responsive theme). Then you would import your data into that and upgrade site and data to 4.3.3.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1438038372' post='224507']

If you are at 3.0.1, you will need to get to 3.0.6 (5 upgrades).

[/quote]

I thought you could use store import straight from 3.0.1 into 4.3.2

hi kogi,

[quote]I thought you could use store import straight from 3.0.1 into 4.3.2 [/quote]

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation - yes, it is possible

however upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.6 and then to 4.3.2 is more stable than from 3.0.1 to 4.3.2

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if not but i'm looking for some help.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I currently have an e-commerce site running 3.0.6 and i'm looking to update to the latest version, i have about 5 - 10 bespoke add-ons.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How long should this take and how much should I be looking at spending? [/font][/color][/quote]

It may take from 1 hour up to unlimited and depends on your server performance and database size

it is advised to make procedure firstly on local copy installation and validate results - only when everything is ready, the site should be upgraded.

best regards,

WSA team

Thanks guys!

So am i right in thinking then that building our V4 site around a responsive theme would eliminate the need for a dedicated mobile version and just auto switch dependant on device width? (We've looked at twigmo but I wasn't sure if this would do the same thing?)

With the V3.0.6 → V4.x.x jump as all the add-ons need to be taken forward for someone who developed them and is using them in V4 how long would you expect this to take to update or isn't it possible to time frame it?

Thanks again!

[quote name='ToffeeTyphoonX' timestamp='1438075492' post='224549']

So am i right in thinking then that building our V4 site around a responsive theme would eliminate the need for a dedicated mobile version and just auto switch dependant on device width? (We've looked at twigmo but I wasn't sure if this would do the same thing?)

[/quote]

You are right. Twigmo will not be necessary in this case. You can check built-in responsive theme here:

http://demo.cs-cart.com

Just change the size of the browser window and you will see tablet view, mobile view, etc

[quote name='ToffeeTyphoonX' timestamp='1438075492' post='224549']

With the V3.0.6 → V4.x.x jump as all the add-ons need to be taken forward for someone who developed them and is using them in V4 how long would you expect this to take to update or isn't it possible to time frame it?

[/quote]

It depends on the complexity of the 3rd party module. It is required to examine their code before giving any estimates

Also please note that the store import was deleted from version 4.3.2. So it will be required to import database to version 4.3.2 at first and then upgrade the store up to version 4.3.3