Help setting up coupon codes please!

hi all i am looking at setting up a promotion scheme so that customers spend over a certain amount and automatically get a discount coupon code generated!

i would like to have it set up that people spending £50 or more get £5 off their next purchase then people spending over £100 get £10 off their next purchase?

any guidance would be appreciated.

regards

[quote name=‘AmitP’]hi all i am looking at setting up a promotion scheme so that customers spend over a certain amount and automatically get a discount coupon code generated!

i would like to have it set up that people spending £50 or more get £5 off their next purchase then people spending over £100 get £10 off their next purchase?

regards[/QUOTE]

Not sure why no one is offering help. I am not sure you can do exactly what you are trying to do. You could maybe set the system up to give them a Gift Certificate or coupon code worth the amounts you are looking for. You could try this:

1. Go to “Catalog” → “Promotions” → “Add Cart Promotion”.

Then once you have filled out the info to your liking:

2. Click-> Conditions → Add Conditions

3. Drop down, select “Order subtotal” equals or greater “50”

4. Now Select “Bonuses”

You will have to try this to see how it works:

5. Add new Condition “Generate Coupon Code”. ($5 coupon code) or

Add new condition “Gift Certificate”. ← Not sure how that one works. Someone else might be able to shed more light on it.

The coupon system is not the greatest or easiest to use in the shopping cart but you can do some good things with it…

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]Not sure why no one is offering help. I am not sure you can do exactly what you are trying to do. You could maybe set the system up to give them a Gift Certificate or coupon code worth the amounts you are looking for. You could try this:

1. Go to “Catalog” → “Promotions” → “Add Cart Promotion”.

Then once you have filled out the info to your liking:

2. Click-> Conditions → Add Conditions

3. Drop down, select “Order subtotal” equals or greater “50”

4. Now Select “Bonuses”

You will have to try this to see how it works:

5. Add new Condition “Generate Coupon Code”. ($5 coupon code) or

Add new condition “Gift Certificate”. ← Not sure how that one works. Someone else might be able to shed more light on it.

The coupon system is not the greatest or easiest to use in the shopping cart but you can do some good things with it…[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried this out on my cart, which is running version 2.1.1. The coupon is supposed to provide free shipping for orders over $10 USD.

The coupon spot shows up in the cart but is not generated, as it is auto generated for gift certificates. I find no area in the administration for me to enter a default coupon code either.

With full understanding that it is not the most “elegant” feature of the cart, can you tell me what I am not doing right?

The site is [url]http://wellseasonedkitchen.com/cart/[/url]

[quote name=‘AmitP’]hi all i am looking at setting up a promotion scheme so that customers spend over a certain amount and automatically get a discount coupon code generated!

regards[/QUOTE]

Promotions>add cart promo, condition "sub total greater than 100

Then add bonus = gift certificate = 5 or 10 or what ever

works a treat on mine, voucher only gets emailed when order is paid and status is change to processed etc.

remember not to use currency symbols

JOhn

How would this apply to real-time free shipping for a conditional time frame (i.e., dec 1 - dec 25)?

My client’s offer will be Free Shipping for the holidays for orders over $10. The cart notifies me that I’ve qualified for the offer when the promotion conditions are met but I had to add a custom shipping method to make the zero value show up. I’ve tested it and found that it is not presented if the order subtotal is less than $10.

I’m kind of shooting in the dark here because my client is away for the US Thanksgiving holiday. If she really means free shipping regardless of method (faster is more expensive), then I would think that shoppers who qualify for the bonus would not have other shipping methods show up in their cart. That is not the case. I also expected the promo would generate a code, kind of like the gift certificate, that could be applied. It didn’t.

And what about the instance where a shop owner sends out an email with a coupon code to loyal customers. The “discount coupon code” box is now on the cart but I see NO WAY to explain how to handle that or set up the discount in the system.

We need this working by December 1st. Has anyone got any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]How would this apply to real-time free shipping for a conditional time frame (i.e., dec 1 - dec 25)?

My client’s offer will be Free Shipping for the holidays for orders over $10. The cart notifies me that I’ve qualified for the offer when the promotion conditions are met but I had to add a custom shipping method to make the zero value show up. I’ve tested it and found that it is not presented if the order subtotal is less than $10.

I’m kind of shooting in the dark here because my client is away for the US Thanksgiving holiday. If she really means free shipping regardless of method (faster is more expensive), then I would think that shoppers who qualify for the bonus would not have other shipping methods show up in their cart. That is not the case. I also expected the promo would generate a code, kind of like the gift certificate, that could be applied. It didn’t.

And what about the instance where a shop owner sends out an email with a coupon code to loyal customers. The “discount coupon code” box is now on the cart but I see NO WAY to explain how to handle that or set up the discount in the system.

We need this working by December 1st. Has anyone got any ideas???

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Free shipping is easy.

1. Create new cart promotion. (use available from dates 12-1-2010 to 12-25-2010)
  2. Create new condition → Order subtotal: equal or greater 10
  3. Add Bonus → Free Shipping: (Select method, should drop down works fine with FedEx realtime rates for me, I only select Ground method for free shipping)

that’s it…

Thanks for your reply. I guess I mis-used the term “real time” because my client is not hooked up to either the FedEx or UPS service.

We have 4 shipping rates:

5-7 days UPS Ground @ $3.99/item

3 days UPS Ground @ $6.99/item

2 days UPS Ground @ $11.98/item

1 day Air @ $17.98/item

I added a custom shipping method of $0.00 which only shows up when the subtotal is greater than $10 but the other methods are there so it could be misleading.

Also, there seems to be no way to set up a coupon code that could be used in email to qualify for a discount and/or free shipping.

If the generated coupon code is only good AFTER the transaction has been completed and paid, it doesn’t seem very useful and one would think that there is a way to set up a coupon code for shoppers to apply at checkout…

Any further help with this clarification?