Help please. Don't have a text box for my testimonials...

Hi all.

Trying to make testimonials work for me, just like it was in the old version, but I don’t have a text box for my message.

Attached a pic to show you what I mean.

Any help appreciated.

no text box.jpg

[quote name=‘szita2000@yahoo.com’]Hi all.

Trying to make testimonials work for me, just like it was in the old version, but I don’t have a text box for my message.

Attached a pic to show you what I mean.

Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You make sure you turn on testimonials, Then create a block for it. Then you would need to create the first post and then it will show up.

To create your first post go to admin/design/site layout. then select testimonials. There is where you can create your first post. Then the users will be able to see it and then post on their own.

It might be me but I can’t find where you turn testimonials on.

In the add-ons, the comments and reviews are active,

Other than that I can’t find any more “testimonials” to turn on.

So I did delete my testimonial block, I deleted any comments that existed.

Turned comments and reviews in the add-ons section off, and then on,

Then I created a testimonials block,

Then the comments,

but in the comments when I click Add+ I don’t have a text box to write the testimonials.

On the shop front it shows, but just the title, no stars nothing…

Wonder if this supposed to be like this?

shopfront no testimonials.jpg

no text box again.jpg

Go to Design->Site layout and make sure that the Testimonials dropdown menu has “Communication and Rating” set. After you save, you should see a Testimonials link where you can add an initial testimonial to see if your testmonial block works.

Bob

Hi bob.

Thanks for that.

Now I can… OOps! I mean my customers can leave feedbacks.

Altough the stars are not there it’s better than it was.

www.hapyfurniture.co.uk

:smiley:

Do you have “Communications and Ratings” set? It should allow your customer to rate as well as to submit their comments.

Bob

I have the site layout setting on communication and ratin.

And if you goto the shopfront, and click on the more link in the first rating, it will take you to the next page where you can leave a comment. The stars showing in there.

It only not showing in the testimonials block.

check it out. www.happyfurniture.co.uk

The stars do not show in the testimonial block if it is a sidebox but do display if your testmonial block has a Position of "Central’. You could probably modify /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/discussion/blocks/testimonials.tpl to include the stars.

Bob

Cheers for that !