HELP!!! My Server keeps crashing

I have a dedicated server with HostGator. It has:

Intel Xeon 3450 (Quad Core)

8 GB DDR Memory

2 X 500 GB Hard Drives

2,500 GB Bandwidth

It keeps crashing due to memory overload and CPU load. I only have two cs-cart sites on that server. Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Your server is not hosted with us at CyberLNC but we would be glad to help

support you and your situation and will do what we can to help you irregardless.

Based on what you said, your server is plenty sufficient to run a couple of

average CS-Cart stores. However, there is really hundreds of possibilities of

what could be causing your server to crash ranging anywhere from hardware

to software to configurations to traffic so really we would need to know more

details about your situation and what is happening when your crashes occur.

I will send you some contact information to help you diagnose your issues.

Your server is not hosted with us at CyberLNC but we would be glad to help

support you and your situation and will do what we can to help you irregardless.

Based on what you said, your server is plenty sufficient to run a couple of

average CS-Cart stores. However, there is really hundreds of possibilities of

what could be causing your server to crash ranging anywhere from hardware

to software to configurations to traffic so really we would need to know more

details about your situation and what is happening when your crashes occur.

I will send you some contact information to help you diagnose your issues.

Well, I’m still testing Hostgator, but on their lowest end VPS.

While it is fast, I’m getting really strange issues. Couldn’t be memory related. But allow related to limitations set up by Hostgator.

My FTP stops working randomly. My email stop working randomly. My http server stop working randomly.

Just today it happened.

It looks like Hostgator capped my TCP connections to 200. My ftp server and email server was not able to open up a TCP connection for me to connect to.

Not sure why I even have 200 TCP connections opened since I don’t get that much traffic. Not sure how many other TCP connections email, ftp, and so forth open up.

[quote name=‘nissansr’]I have a dedicated server with HostGator. It has:

Intel Xeon 3450 (Quad Core)

8 GB DDR Memory

2 X 500 GB Hard Drives

2,500 GB Bandwidth

It keeps crashing due to memory overload and CPU load. I only have two cs-cart sites on that server. Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it?[/QUOTE]

I just recently (approx 3 weeks ago) switched our sites over to a HostGator Level 3 VPS with CPanel, no problems whatsoever.

What did HostGator support tell you was the cause of the problem, that is who you should be talking to? ;)

Damn, that is one beefy server, you can run 20 carts on it easily. I very doubt that the execution of the cart code that leads to crashing. Probably it is misconfigured service that is either has bad settings or a memory leak due to a bug or else.

Have you looked at apache and mysql logs?

If all fails, there is an easy fix. Backup up your cart and DB, have your host reinstall fresh everything, put the cart back and it should be ok.

turned out to be an issue with the actual server I was on. Switched to a different server with them and everything as all good now :smiley: