Hello, a big problem

[quote name=‘Unregistered’]I have to sites . One is os-commerce and other is Cs-Cart. Now I want to move my database with products from os-commerce in Cs-Cart.Can anyone help me? Because os-commerce databases is .TXT and Cs-Cart is .CSV …please help me.[/QUOTE]

Cs cart team can help you do this

fist off… lets start at how you actually have your information…

You say your OSC database is a TXT file… and your CS-Cart is a CSV…

Technically there is no difference between the two file types…

CSV stands for Comma Separated Values… Therefore, you could save Comma Separated Values within a Text file… If your on PC, changing the .txt part to .csv (make a copy first as a backup) would allow you to open the file in MS Excel or a similar package. You can then see the content displayed in a columns and row structure…

After that - not having done it - but following logic… It would be a case of organising the information into the right columns for CS-Cart and importing it usig your preferred method… CS-Cart should advise better on this…

But note you will not be able to move everything without experiencing complications, and you may have do it a table at a time… I say this because i imagine you do not want to just move the products across, but user tables as well…

User tables become complicated because OSC stores passwords differently to CS (OSC uses a salt key and then hashes, CS just hashes). Therefore your old passwords will not immediately work out of the box with the CS cart system.

A method i used in the past was to create a alternative login page which asked old users to enter their information using the old details, this then automatically populated the new CS-cart table so they could use that from then forward. It was no more complicated than logging in (which they were doing anyway) and was a one off…

I would provide the code, but it was for an older version of CS cart and so not currently compatible… hope the above helps, and CS advises about other aspects.