Hate that this is so complex

I know for some users this may be easy. But trying to change some of the basic things or create your own design is not easy for the basic user.

Example I am trying to change the design layout of Catalog Block with roll over

to something the attached file.

Wish there were more options on how the Catalog block was displayed.

I have went into the design mode and that was no help to me.

Also went into the properties of the block and that also was of no help.

The problem is I hate asking for help it’s just there is really no NOOB guide that I have seen

on designing or at least one that I could understand. They start talking about SMARTY and from there I am lost. I remember tried to install that and all I can say is. " I remember that day"

Catalog.jpg

Being somewhat of a NOOB myself this is very true. I to wish it were easier to customize or rather understand php code for us (mean me rather) dummies… lol

I wonder if Wal-Mart sales a .php for dummies book? I would buy it in a heart beat lol…

You shouldn’t have to change any PHP code to make any layout or design changes. Almost everything can be changed using CSS and the smarty templates.

Best thing to do is read up on CSS and go through the tutorials at http://www.smarty.net

Another good resource is [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation and [url]http://docs.cs-cart.com/design-layout[/url]

Download the Firebug plug-in for Firefox if you haven’t already. I don’t know how to do really anything other than basic html (I’m a WYSIWYG kind of editor). But Firebug will allow you to see changes made to CSS instantly without actually modifying anything. And it will also show you where elements of the page can be found. May not help you for this problem but may help in the future.

I’m a total NOOB too and get frustrated just trying to add something simple to a page. If it was html I could add it within seconds, but with Smarty, a few months of playing around and I STILL don’t understand how to add some simple text to a page. :?

Well after some playing. I think I got it to work. Thanks to the help of Triplets, IsItFast and firebug.

Found it in the dropdown.css

Almost at the bottom.

Uploaded an image myimage.jpg to

/skins/electro/customer/images

Changed to

ul.dropdown li:hover {

background: #ffffff url(images/myimage.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0 0

Just have to now figure out how to stop it from doing this at the top of my page

catalog.jpg