I am getting my online store complately re-designed based on the latest CS-cart Ver 3.0.1. I have the following questions which my designers must know answers to :
- Should I keep the designs within 960 pixels?
- What are the important design guidelines which I must pass on to my designers to take care while designing the various pages of the website?
- Will the new block system effect the way the design is coded and implemented into CS cart ?
I am sure many Cs-cart developers would already be on designing Cs-cart 3 templates. Any help will be appreciated.
[quote name='TVKevin' timestamp='1339517171' post='138552']
- That is up to you. 960 is the standard width because of 1024x* being the most common, smallest screen size. Any larger and you have to accommodate for those users with that resolution.
- Your skill level. There is NOTHING that CS-Cart can't do. It will depend entirely on your skill set when it comes to taking the design and incorporating it into the platform. The closer it is to the default skin, the easier it will be.
- This depends on how you implement the skin. In general, it should have no effect.
So can I use even a wider width below 1024, say for ex, 1000 Pixels?
If you want to change the width, give this a shot http://grids.heroku.com/
Bascically create your new style sheet and then overwrite your 960 style sheet.
I hope that helps,
[quote]If you want to change the width, give this a shot [url=“http://grids.heroku.com/”]http://grids.heroku.com/[/url][/quote]
I find this tool very useful.
Does anyone know if it is possible to make CS-Cart use a different number of columns than the default 16?
With the above grid tool you are able to set the overall width, gutter size, column size or number of columns which is great but there is no point in changing the number of columns from 16 as this seems fixed in CS-Cart.