Grid System - 3 To 1 Ratio

Hi there. I asked a question a while back about how to set up a grid system and someone very nicely helped me. I'm needing to change things a little bit, though, and after a week of fiddling with it, I cannot figure it out.

Because of that help, I was able to figure out that to set up columns, I needed to do this:

[color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000088]Now, though, I want to do columns that aren't at the same width. I can do it in opencart by telling it that I want 6 blocks for the first column, 2 for the second, and 4 for the third, if that is what I'm wanting to do. For some reason, though, I cannot do that in Cscart. [/color]

[color=#000088]My main goal is to get a column that takes up 3/4 of the area, and one that takes up the other 1/4. I've looked at bootstrap stuff, but cs cart doesn't seem to follow that really. Any chance anyone knows how I can configure this to work?[/color]

[color=#000088]Thank you in advance.[/color]

[quote name=‘Catrinau’ timestamp=‘1438628449’ post=‘225460’]

Hi there. I asked a question a while back about how to set up a grid system and someone very nicely helped me. I’m needing to change things a little bit, though, and after a week of fiddling with it, I cannot figure it out.

Because of that help, I was able to figure out that to set up columns, I needed to do this:

[color=#000088]<div[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]class[/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#008800]“grid-list”[/color][color=#000088]>[/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]<div[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]class[/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#008800]“ty-column2”[/color][color=#000088]>[/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]<div[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]class[/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#008800]“ty-column2”[/color][color=#000088]>[/color]

[color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000088]Now, though, I want to do columns that aren’t at the same width. I can do it in opencart by telling it that I want 6 blocks for the first column, 2 for the second, and 4 for the third, if that is what I’m wanting to do. For some reason, though, I cannot do that in Cscart. [/color]

[color=#000088]My main goal is to get a column that takes up 3/4 of the area, and one that takes up the other 1/4. I’ve looked at bootstrap stuff, but cs cart doesn’t seem to follow that really. Any chance anyone knows how I can configure this to work?[/color]

[color=#000088]Thank you in advance.[/color]

[/quote]

Why don’t you use Layout Manager?

I'm sorry, I realize I'm coming back to this months later. The reason I cannot use the layout manager is because I'm trying to get things in columns inside the main content of the page. So if I have a content page and need things spaced out in certain ways, the layout manager will not let me do that. I've dealt with it by having to do things in a very clunky fashion.

Hi there. I asked a question a while back about how to set up a grid system and someone very nicely helped me. I'm needing to change things a little bit, though, and after a week of fiddling with it, I cannot figure it out.

class="grid-list">
class="ty-column2">

class="ty-column2">

Now, though, I want to do columns that aren't at the same width. I can do it in opencart by telling it that I want 6 blocks for the first column, 2 for the second, and 4 for the third, if that is what I'm wanting to do. For some reason, though, I cannot do that in Cscart.

My main goal is to get a column that takes up 3/4 of the area, and one that takes up the other 1/4. I've looked at bootstrap stuff, but cs cart doesn't seem to follow that really. Any chance anyone knows how I can configure this to work?

Thank you in advance.

maybe this might help you, http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_max-width.aspand other references there to setup you columns

Alan