google webmaster tools verification for sitemap

:confused:

Could someone please help me with verifying my site on google.

If I use the HTML method offered, I receive a 404 error

And I have no idea where to put the META tag,

Desperate…

Thanks!!!

:confused:

Website is www.urban4x4.com.au or www.4x4xtraz.com.au please see…

this is the meta tag from google:

can someone please tell me what and where??

/skins/your_skin/customer/meta.tpl

:cool: Sweet thanks!!!

I tried this and Google still could not verify the site? :confused:

[quote name=‘jint’]I tried this and Google still could not verify the site? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why, but I ran into the same problems. I changed everything in Meta.TPL and it did not incorporate them into the site. As an alternative I made my changes directly in the Skins/Customer/Index.tpl file.

Original index.tpl

{include file=“meta.tpl”}

modified index.tpl
{include file="meta.tpl"}

Google verify works great...

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]I am not sure why, but I ran into the same problems. I changed everything in Meta.TPL and it did not incorporate them into the site. As an alternative I made my changes directly in the Skins/Customer/Index.tpl file.

Original index.tpl

{include file=“meta.tpl”}

modified index.tpl
{include file="meta.tpl"}

Google verify works great...[/quote]

Why you don't use the "html file" as verification? You can use this file for whole domain and you don't have to make any changes in your templates. The next thing is, if you make any upgrades and the file will be rewritten, then you must start from begin.

Bye

Can’t use HTML file for redirect sites must use Meta-Tags.

For me I have several different sites that point to the master site. So Meta-Tag is the only way for google to verify the site. Good thing is once Google verifies the site there is no need to verify again unless there is a problem.

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]Can’t use HTML file for redirect sites must use Meta-Tags.

For me I have several different sites that point to the master site. So Meta-Tag is the only way for google to verify the site. Good thing is once Google verifies the site there is no need to verify again unless there is a problem.[/quote]

I don’t understand your problem. What do you redirect?

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I don’t understand your problem. What do you redirect?[/QUOTE]

Main Site

www.FerrisWheelsAndCarousels.com (uses file verification)

Redirect Sites

FerrisWheels.Net (must use Meta-tag verification)

OurCountryDiary.Net (must use Meta-tag verification)

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]Main Site

www.FerrisWheelsAndCarousels.com (uses file verification)

Redirect Sites

FerrisWheels.Net (must use Meta-tag verification)

OurCountryDiary.Net (must use Meta-tag verification)[/quote]

For redirected sites you don’t need any verifications. Do you redirect with 301?

can you guide me how can I get the code “google-site-verification”

because I need to insert into my website. http://fantasticbabymall.com

steps to implement it? THANKS

Hi

You can do it by either downloading a file fom google and then uploading it to the root of your shop, or by copying the meta decleration from google and paste it in the meta.tpl file of your skin under the last meta.
(skins/your skin/customer/meta.tpl)

Then you can click confirm in webmaster tools and you will be fine.

Whatever you choose don't delete that file/entry after the verification.

See also this generic guide http://www.seoptimise.com/blog/2011/07/google-webmaster-tools-a-beginners-guide-to-installation.html

Fotis

Now I did as instructed and when I do not remember configuration function Add a Meta Tag? So now I have to do to get back code: Example :

I add: google-site-verification: google17d02df9d4436ef034.html the root directory of websites and verification

why there are duplicate

I tried all the above mentions to get google to verify but no luck so far.

any suggestions?