Google Mobile Friendly Test

Though this may interest some of you.

Check if your site is Mobile Friendly

[url=“https://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/”]https://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/[/url]

On April 21st your website must be setup for mobile devices or it is likely you will not be seen by as many mobile users in the search results. That could be up to 75% of your traffic lost, overnight.

Why is Google making this change?

More than 75% of internet users access websites through a mobile device. Google wants to ensure all results served to mobile users have a website that performs to its strict mobile-friendly criteria.

Yup… That is why we are waiting for V4.3.1 to be released so we can migrate over to a Responsive theme…

Hurry up Team Cs-Cart…

But responsive still wont neccesarily be mobile friendly

From all the testing I've done with Cs-Cart its the only way to pass Google's Mobile Test…

My sites using the 4.2.4 Responsive theme rank poor on Google Mobile Friendly Test. I do not see 4.3.1 fixing this.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1427736326' post='209584']

My sites using the 4.2.4 Responsive theme rank poor on Google Mobile Friendly Test. I do not see 4.3.1 fixing this.

[/quote]

Using the above testing site, I get the message:

[color=#0A9D58][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=5]Awesome![/size][/font][/color][color=#0A9D58][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=5][/size][/font][/color][color=#0A9D58][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=5]This page is mobile-friendly.[/size][/font][/color]

This is with the latest version of CS-Cart and the VivaShop theme.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1427736326' post='209584']

[/quote]

Testing a fresh install of both 4.2.4 and 4.3.1 beta… Only the 4.3.1 beta passes… So something has to be different…

Before you start panicing about this, try looking at the add-on and blocks you employ the home page. I use he 4.2.4 Responsive theme and it works fine. Of cause the true answer is to use a different theme for mobi as even if you find one truely responsive your still walking a tightrope with any changes you make.

I've run category and product pages through this analyzer as well, and I get the same message: Awesome, this page is mobile-friendly.

Are you using Twigmo?

What about those of us who are still using v3.0.6? Is there an easy way to appease Google without having to upgrade the cart? IMHO, I hate mobile versions of sites, especially ecommerce sites. We have a custom product previewer and the twigmo addon does not display this. Our cart is so heavily modified, that upgrading is not going to be easy or straightforward or cheap.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1427753679' post='209614']

Are you using Twigmo?

[/quote]

No. I have used Twigmo in the past, and liked it. But I kept hearing that responsive was THE FUTURE, so I switched to a responsive theme (VivaShop).

We are running 4.2.4 with Twigmo, it passes the test with good results.

Not sure if we will move to a responsive theme yet, 20% of sales are via Twigmo and rising every month, hopefully when Google make the switch mobile sales will improve further.

Hi.

We are at 4.1.5 and we use twigmo. We get the same message: Awesome!This page is mobile-friendly. We were going to move to a responsive theme but now we are not sure if this is the right decision.

Hello,

Am on the 3.0.4, what can I do to get ready? do I have to upgrade?

Any help please.

Thank you

Tom

Did anyone else check the site with responsive theme or twigmo?

cs cart power has an addon for this, if your version isnt ready

[quote name='akistdm' timestamp='1427836308' post='209774']

We are at 4.1.5 and we use twigmo. We get the same message: Awesome!This page is mobile-friendly. We were going to move to a responsive theme but now we are not sure if this is the right decision.

[/quote]

Make a copy of your store and switch to the responsive theme there. Then you will be able to check if it is right decision or not.

You can use the following instruction to do it: