Google checkout & SSL certificate

Hi,

I’m thinking of using Google Checkout for my site. But looking at the requirement to SSL certificate, I don’t know which is is approved to use. [url]http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57856[/url]

Can I use SBS Instant, SBS Secure, SBS Secure Plus, RapidSSL, QuickSSL, QuickSSL® Premium or True BusinessID?

Which one do you recommend?

Thanks

Just about any legit ssl will work. On some of our websites we have used RapidSSL and QuickSSL and both have worked fine. We also used another one, but I can’t recall the name of it.

A word of caution though. I would personally recommend that you do not use Google Checkout as your main source of checkout. While it is an “okay” alternative, in the past couple of years they have been on a rampage of shutting down checkouts on their clients…without warning! We have now been a victim on 2 of our websites and they will not give you an explanation and you will never be able to speak with anyone because they have NO phone support. You would be better off to have a real merchant account or at least make sure you have Paypal. Both of those have been much more reliable for us.