Google Checkout = No Shipping Charges

can you all tell me if paypal express checkout will work along side of paypal standard or will it have to be switched over ?

also anyone idea on a credit card company that dont charge alot of fees or is it best to just stick with paypal ?

[QUOTE]can you all tell me if paypal express checkout will work along side of paypal standard or will it have to be switched over ? [/QUOTE]

No, either one or the other!

There is really no reason that you would want to offer them both as Paypal Express Payments takes the place of the outdated “Paypal Standard”.

And yes, Paypals marketing terminology confuses alot of people, however, you will see what I mean as you get farther into setting it all up! :wink:

[QUOTE]also anyone idea on a credit card company that dont charge alot of fees or is it best to just stick with paypal ?[/QUOTE]

It is a pretty safe bet to say you can’t go wrong with Paypal Pro…(which automatically also give you the Express Payments option you mentioned)

You can always re-evaluate your options down the road when your store takes of like a wildfire! :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]No, either one or the other!

There is really no reason that you would want to offer them both as Paypal Express Payments takes the place of the outdated “Paypal Standard”.

And yes, Paypals marketing terminology confuses alot of people, however, you will see what I mean as you get farther into setting it all up! :wink:

It is a pretty safe bet to say you can’t go wrong with Paypal Pro…(which automatically also give you the Express Payments option you mentioned)

You can always re-evaluate your options down the road when your store takes of like a wildfire! ;)[/QUOTE]

only problem with pro is they take out a 20 % reserve on my acct i tryed pro at one time which yes 30.00 a month is all they charge plus the transaction fee its just that reserve is what hurts

i wish there was a way i can cover that reserve

i wish the store woujld take off like a wildfire lol right now its like slow in sales i would like to see 150.00 a day would mean 30.00 would be taken out and placed on reserve

its just those first 90 days would be hurting

Maybe for the 1st 30-60 days you can just offer Paypal Express Payments as your only payment method until things pick-up, then get a full fledged merchant account at that time. You could even offer Google Checkout as a 2nd payment option to your customers as well as offering a COD payment option.

Not the best case scenario, however, it’s always all about timing…and taking one step at a time, & not stepping before you are ready to take the next step. :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Maybe for the 1st 30-60 days you can just offer Paypal Express Payments as your only payment method until things pick-up, then get a full fledged merchant account at that time. You could even offer Google Checkout as a 2nd payment option to your customers as well as offering a COD payment option.

Not the best case scenario, however, it’s always all about timing…and taking one step at a time, & not stepping before you are ready to take the next step. ;)[/QUOTE]

but does not google have a issue with a delay in time ?

I use Google checkout on my site in addition to regular Paypal and paypal Pro.

The free shipping problem used to be much worse. Now I get maybe one in 50 without freight. If it is a small order I lose it, large order, I contact the customer. The reason I put up with it is for the Google Checkout Badge. This is the logo that shows up in the Adwords ads next to my ad. It makes my ad stand out just a little more than the others.