Google Checkout and Merchant Account Together

Hi Everybody! Hope everybody is doing well.

I am currently only accepting Google Checkout in my store but I want to add a merchant account as an alternative.

When I add the merchant account then Google Checkout shuts down and CS-Cart only offers the merchant account as a payment method.

I saw a CS-Cart shopping cart have both options available so I know it can be done but I have no idea how to go about doing it. Here is the site that has it set up like I want: [url]http://www.homesushibar.com/[/url]

When you go to the product page and click on ''Checkout" you are taken the “View Cart” page where your able to see the Google Checkout button as well as the normal Checkout button.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thank you for your help!

Google checkout operates from a button on the Cart page. The user never gets to the checkout page.

Your merchant account (through your payment gateway) becomes a payment method during the checkout process.

So your users can see Google checkout from the Cart page but not from Checkout.

Okay so how can I make the “Checkout” button on the product page lead to the “View Cart” page instead?

Like they’ve done in www.homesushibar.com.

When you go to their product page, then click on add to cart, then click on checkout, and then you’re directed to the view cart page with both google checkout and the merchant account options to pay.

By researching the forums I also found this: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9465&highlight=google+checkout+view+cart[/url]

Please refer to post #4 in the above link. He says that you can just switch the checkout link with the view cart link. Would that work? If it would where can you go to change it?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

There’s a setting in the admin settings of something like “Take user to cart when checkout button clicked” or something similar. I don’t recall off the top of my head.

Thanks for all your help! That worked GREAT!

Here’s where I went:

Administration > Settings > Users/Cart > Then I check marked: “When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first”

I’ve seen the google regulations where you are supposed to list the checkout as an option prior to payments - but Prestashop has it listed as one of the ways to pay directly (e.g. Moneybookers, 2Checkout) - how do they get around the way to do it and CS-Cart only has the button and no checkout option? (see screenshot)…

This is where you select either one or the other, then go to payment immediately. No checkout button…

Seems to be a lot more simple to just step through each step instead of back-tracking trying to find the google checkout button.

Merchant accounts are necessary for business to collect payment online with the help of credit card or debit cards. There are many merchant account providers in the marketplace. I want to open my account in high risk merchant account which provides the best services.

merchant account