Google Checkout, Amazon Checkout

Hi there,

I’m almost done setting up everything in our new shop, but the only dilemma that I’m running into now is the display of Google Checkout and Amazon Checkout payment options.

I’ve enabled all the payment options - credit card, Google checkout, PayPal express, amazon checkout, phone ordering and check - in the administration.

When trying to see payment options at checkout page, Google Checkout and Amazon Checkout don’t show up, they are not available, even though they are “Active” status.

I’ve attached the image of what I’m talking about - the part of checkout page.

What could be the problem/issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

payment_options.jpg

payment_options_admin.jpg

I dont think google shows up on that page, it should show on the first step of checkout page as this is what it is for “to speed up the chceckout process”

Then it takes you out of the site and 2 clicks and your done.

You should see the google checkout icon under the checkout button in the checkout process.

you have filled in your google account/api number in the Google payment config box I assume

Dunno about Amazon.

[quote name=‘Bluemachine26’]Hi there,

I’m almost done setting up everything in our new shop, but the only dilemma that I’m running into now is the display of Google Checkout and Amazon Checkout payment options.

I’ve enabled all the payment options - credit card, Google checkout, PayPal express, amazon checkout, phone ordering and check - in the administration.

When trying to see payment options at checkout page, Google Checkout and Amazon Checkout don’t show up, they are not available, even though they are “Active” status.

I’ve attached the image of what I’m talking about - the part of checkout page.

What could be the problem/issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.[/QUOTE]

Google Checkout and Amazon Checkout are not usual payment methods and according to their policy cannot be displayed on the “Checkout” page. You can see the “Google Checkout” and “Amazon Checkout” buttons on the “View cart” page of your store.

WOW! Thank you so much for explanation :slight_smile: Went to check out “View Cart” and there they were :slight_smile: Appreciate everyone’s help and input :slight_smile:

I sure wish these options would show up on the checkout page!

I think it would be a good idea to have some code written that would give the customer the option to back up to the view cart page if they wanted to use Google/Amazon. Maybe in the list of payment options just a simple link that goes to the view cart page that says something like “Looking for Amazon or Google checkout?”. And if they click on it it would take them to view cart page. Not sure if that would be against either of their policies but I think it would help tremendously since a lot of customers skip viewing the cart before checkout. FYI, that also makes them skip being able to use a coupon. To avoid as much of this as I can, I turn my pop-up window time (when customer adds an item to the cart) down to one second. That way the customer doesn't have much time to think and hit the checkout button. And I don't have checkout links on my site anywhere…only View Cart so the customer can see all payment options and be able to put a coupon in if needed.

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1311197026' post='117815']

I think it would be a good idea to have some code written that would give the customer the option to back up to the view cart page if they wanted to use Google/Amazon. Maybe in the list of payment options just a simple link that goes to the view cart page that says something like “Looking for Amazon or Google checkout?”. And if they click on it it would take them to view cart page. Not sure if that would be against either of their policies but I think it would help tremendously since a lot of customers skip viewing the cart before checkout. FYI, that also makes them skip being able to use a coupon. To avoid as much of this as I can, I turn my pop-up window time (when customer adds an item to the cart) down to one second. That way the customer doesn't have much time to think and hit the checkout button. And I don't have checkout links on my site anywhere…only View Cart so the customer can see all payment options and be able to put a coupon in if needed.

[/quote]

I have the boxed checked in Administration/settings: “When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first”

I use this and the customer always goes to the cart first where they have the choice for PayPal Express, Amazon payments or continue to the next page for Credit cards and PayPal standard. This works well for me and they can use the shipping estimator in the cart.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1311197955' post='117819']

I have the boxed checked in Administration/settings: “When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first”

I use this and the customer always goes to the cart first where they have the choice for PayPal Express, Amazon payments or continue to the next page for Credit cards and PayPal standard. This works well for me and they can use the shipping estimator in the cart.

Bob

[/quote]

Thanks Bob…right after I posted this I read another page on the forum that made that same suggestion. That must be something in a newer version as I had never seen it before. So I updated my site to have that so I can actually leave the popup window open a little longer.