Google Base and Product Options

If I have 3 different colors of a t-shirt setup on one product page, what does CS-Cart do with those products when posting them to what CS-Cart calls Google Base? Are all 3 exported, 1 exported, etc.?

I could test, but I don't want to mess up my current feed which I've been maintaining manually in an Excel file. So I thought I would ask someone with experience in this.

If the options are not an “option combination”, I think that it will generate one entry. I do not believe there is any provision for options in the standard Google Base CSV data produced. I'm sure there are others who use the standard CSV addon that could confirm/deny my beliefs.

What I do in the XML Datafeeds addon (a paid addon) is have an addon option to append the options to the description. I.e.

Fancy tee shirts in many different colors (Sizes: xxl, xl, lg, med, sm, xsm, Colors: red, green, blue)

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1314050096' post='120088']

If the options are not an “option combination”, I think that it will generate one entry. I do not believe there is any provision for options in the standard Google Base CSV data produced. I'm sure there are others who use the standard CSV addon that could confirm/deny my beliefs.

What I do in the XML Datafeeds addon (a paid addon) is have an addon option to append the options to the description. I.e.

Fancy tee shirts in many different colors (Sizes: xxl, xl, lg, med, sm, xsm, Colors: red, green, blue)

[/quote]

Are you willing to share a link to the XML Datafeeds addon you use?

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1314107900' post='120132']

Are you willing to share a link to the XML Datafeeds addon you use?

[/quote]

Go to the site in his signature.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1314110112' post='120139']

Go to the site in his signature.

[/quote]

Thanks, I didn't realize he sold it. tbirnseth, do you have screenshots of this addon?

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1314110401' post='120140']

Thanks, I didn't realize he sold it. tbirnseth, do you have screenshots of this addon?

[/quote]

I found the screenshots in the attachments tab of your site, but can you confirm that this addon works with 2.2.x?

Yes it works with 2.2.x.

A new version is in beta-testing that supports the new Google Category stuff as well as supports multiple languages and currencies. Just trying to figure out the best way to incorporate all of Google's Category definitions… They are trying to standardize the world and it will never work, but they are trying… See: Google product category [google_product_category] - Google Merchant Center Help

I'm thinking of just creating the full Google Taxonomy as a hidden product feature. Then all products can be associated with the right one based on Google definitions. But the names are really long and really ugly…