Google Analytics != Sales Reports

In my CS-Cart 2.0, I have the Google Analytics addon installed with the correct GA account number and Track e-commerce transactions checked. When I go to Admin > Orders > View Orders and do a custom search where the period is previous month, CS-Cart reports the following:

Total items: 185

Gross total: $4453.50

Total paid: $4077.00

When I go to Google Analytics for this site and view the Ecommerce report for January, I get totally different information:

Transactions: 223

Sales: $3577.00

Does anyone know what might cause such huge discrepancies? I’m freaking out! :shock:

[quote name=‘grayloon’]In my CS-Cart 2.0, I have the Google Analytics addon installed with the correct GA account number and Track e-commerce transactions checked. When I go to Admin > Orders > View Orders and do a custom search where the period is previous month, CS-Cart reports the following:

Total items: 185

Gross total: $4453.50

Total paid: $4077.00

When I go to Google Analytics for this site and view the Ecommerce report for January, I get totally different information:

Transactions: 223

Sales: $3577.00

Does anyone know what might cause such huge discrepancies? I’m freaking out! :shock:[/quote]

Open orders are NOT processed… therefore they are not orders?

Generally the sales reports in the cart are unreliable. They may include failed/declined orders and other things you wouldn’t want.

@Jesse - I think orders that reach the open status are included in GA analytics since this is done on the order summary page which is shown regardless of order status. Hence the GA info may include many orders that are not complete or generate any $$ to the site owner.