Google Adwords Help

Hi,

I’ve enabled the code for Analytics in CS Cart and the stats are working but when I go to AdWords there are no conversions recorded. How do I set that up?

I have an analytics and adwords account.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name=‘blockshopza’]Hi,

I’ve enabled the code for Analytics in CS Cart and the stats are working but when I go to AdWords there are no conversions recorded. How do I set that up?

I have an analytics and adwords account.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Does anyone have ideas, please I’d really appreciate any help!

When you set up your Analytics account did you put a checkmark in ‘Cost source from Adwords for user…’

[quote name=‘roban’]When you set up your Analytics account did you put a checkmark in ‘Cost source from Adwords for user…’[/QUOTE]

Hi - yes I’ve checked and cross checked the right Adwords Customer ID is present in my Analytics account settings - “Cost source from Adwords for user 424-xxx-xxx1” (I replaced numbers with x’s here)

Am I not supposed to setup goals - this is how I did it in my last site but then where do you insert the code into CS Cart to trigger the goal during checkout? And also how do upgrades affect that modification?

You’ll need to creae a hook (version 2.0.x) file called:

skins//customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/orders/confirmation.post.tpl

Insert your “script” from Google (Yahoo, Shopping.com, etc.) into this file and clear the cache.

If you want the order total to be the “amount” in the script then set the Javascript variable to:

amount={if $order_data.total}{$order_data.total}{else}1{/if};

Hope this helps. Under 2.1 this has changed and it does not appear that they have incorporated a hook where conversion code can be added yet. This hook is still part of the order details page.