GoDaddy install problems

I am having no luck installing cs-cart on Godaddy. I am an EXTREME noob when it comes to this. I extracted all the files local and ftp’d them to an “install” directory on my website. I used SmartFTP to do that job as well as to change the required permissions. When I type “www.mysite.com./install/install/” I get an unformatted, text only version of my existing site. I have been told that is what happens on a #404 error when using ModX for your site. I have checked permissions a hundred times and have tried every variation I could think of for the install text. NO LUCK. I have read every thread I could find here and elsewhere pertianing to GoDaddy problems and the general idea is “Dump Them”. At this point I am afraid I am stuck with them for various reasons. Does anybody have any ideas what is going wrong here? Anybody have a solution or can you point me in the right direction to find it myself. THANKS !!

[quote name=‘MikeMcM’]I am having no luck installing cs-cart on Godaddy. I am an EXTREME noob when it comes to this. I extracted all the files local and ftp’d them to an “install” directory on my website. I used SmartFTP to do that job as well as to change the required permissions. When I type “www.mysite.com./install/install/” I get an unformatted, text only version of my existing site. I have been told that is what happens on a #404 error when using ModX for your site. I have checked permissions a hundred times and have tried every variation I could think of for the install text. NO LUCK. I have read every thread I could find here and elsewhere pertianing to GoDaddy problems and the general idea is “Dump Them”. At this point I am afraid I am stuck with them for various reasons. Does anybody have any ideas what is going wrong here? Anybody have a solution or can you point me in the right direction to find it myself. THANKS !![/quote]

To add fuel to the fire: dump them,

GoDaddy don’t have any idea what they are doing hosting wise; domain registrar otherwise it’s quite good

I second it.

[quote name=‘MikeMcM’]I am having no luck installing cs-cart on Godaddy. I am an EXTREME noob when it comes to this. I extracted all the files local and ftp’d them to an “install” directory on my website. I used SmartFTP to do that job as well as to change the required permissions. When I type “www.mysite.com./install/install/” I get an unformatted, text only version of my existing site. I have been told that is what happens on a #404 error when using ModX for your site. I have checked permissions a hundred times and have tried every variation I could think of for the install text. NO LUCK. I have read every thread I could find here and elsewhere pertianing to GoDaddy problems and the general idea is “Dump Them”. At this point I am afraid I am stuck with them for various reasons. Does anybody have any ideas what is going wrong here? Anybody have a solution or can you point me in the right direction to find it myself. THANKS !![/QUOTE]

Go into your GoDaddy Hosting control panel and select “File Manger”. then you can check your permissions by putting a checkmark next to the folder or flies and click on the icon for permissions on the right side at the top.

I’m willing to do more than just badmouth GoDaddy… I’m willing to help you try and solve your issues. I’ll do a test install on my GoDaddy hosting and I’ll let you know what I find. Send me an email with your contact info if you want to know what I find out: mattc@dryheatembroidery.com

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]To add fuel to the fire: dump them,

GoDaddy don’t have any idea what they are doing hosting wise; domain registrar otherwise it’s quite good[/QUOTE]

Nice blanket statement without any specifics…I’ll bet you can suggest some other hosting company to use…hmmm

I was able to install the demo store in less than 1 hour on my GoDaddy hosting.

Longest time was uploading all the skins!

www.net-mart.us

No issues at all. So tell me why there’s an issue with using GoDaddy?

Create the Database in the hosting control center. After it’s setup… about 10 minutes, you can click on the edit icon and copy the DB host address.

When I setup the DB, I selected SQL 4.x not 5.x. And I did NOT select Direct Access.

Here’s the help file for setting up the DB: [URL=“http://help.godaddy.com/article/36”]http://help.godaddy.com/article/36[/URL]

put the DB values in the install screen and install.

MikeMcM - I’m still willing to help you for FREE!!!

Matt Caswell

That is one of the thing that pissed me about GoDaddy is that I have to wait for a DB to be created… I had like 7-8 hostings in my experience and go daddy is the only one that makes you wait on DB creation. Every single other hosting makes a new DB instantaneously. 10 min is a rough estimate, 20 is more like it. I never understood why… In my mind I see 10 coders trying to manually program it in… sweat on their faces… how long will it take them this time… did they have coffee?

[quote name=‘mattcaswell’]Nice blanket statement without any specifics…I’ll bet you can suggest some other hosting company to use…hmmm

I was able to install the demo store in less than 1 hour on my GoDaddy hosting.

Longest time was uploading all the skins!

www.net-mart.us

No issues at all. So tell me why there’s an issue with using GoDaddy?

Create the Database in the hosting control center. After it’s setup… about 10 minutes, you can click on the edit icon and copy the DB host address.

When I setup the DB, I selected SQL 4.x not 5.x. And I did NOT select Direct Access.

Here’s the help file for setting up the DB: [URL=“http://help.godaddy.com/article/36”]http://help.godaddy.com/article/36[/URL]

put the DB values in the install screen and install.

MikeMcM - I’m still willing to help you for FREE!!!

Matt Caswell[/QUOTE]

when the site starts being shut down due to cpu overload let me know

This happened to me back in 2006 when i went from cubecart to cs cart and i was on a different host that had shared hosting with a limit on cpu usage