'Global Options' still visible once deleted

Hi,

I wonder if anyone out there is a bit more upto snuff with the back end side of CS-Cart, here’s the problem:

I initially applied a few global options to products, then noticed that some products had multiple instances of the exact same global option. I then deleted all the global options (hoping to clear duplicates), but now all the options still remain on those products.

Is there a way to ‘purge’ global options applied to products, and start from scratch?

Managed to get a simple solution from the Support guys.

[QUOTE]There is a way to delete all product options from the database with the help of your administrator back-end. But note that the following solution will delete all the options from the products and global options as well.

Please copy the following commands to the “Administration” → “Update Center” → “Update database” textarea and click on the submit button.

DELETE FROM cscart_product_option_class_descriptions;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_option_classes;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_option_variants;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_option_variants_descriptions;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_options;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_options_descriptions;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_options_exceptions;

DELETE FROM cscart_product_options_inventory;

[/QUOTE]

will this be fixed when the .4 upgrade script is released? i am having the same issue and debating whether or not to just scrap my entire cart and do a fresh .4 install =(

I think there needs to be a database maintenance option in Admin. I’ve seen several php applications where a database checker is used to purge old data folowed by a MySQL table optimize. I can see the database getting fragmented over time by deleting products and adding and substracting options. If the moderator thinks a feature like this is needed, move this thread to feature requests.

[quote name=‘sculptingstudio’]I think there needs to be a database maintenance option in Admin. I’ve seen several php applications where a database checker is used to purge old data folowed by a MySQL table optimize. I can see the database getting fragmented over time by deleting products and adding and substracting options. If the moderator thinks a feature like this is needed, move this thread to feature requests.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart has this option since the first version. You can find it on “Database backup/restore” page.