Global Options problem with Exported/Imported products

Hi,

I exported my products and imported to other fres installation but I have problem with new imported product global options. I can see all options in catalog but I can’t see these in admin/catalog/global options.

How I can fix this? With sql column moving?

When exporting products that have had global options added, they are only seen as normal options. They dont come back in and re create global options for you. Perhaps you can do this via the database tables but probably as easy to recreate the global options in the new site.

Johm

Aren’t all options exported with an option_id as part of the text? If so, then importing that into a fresh store will probably not match up to the old store unless all the option tables were the same.

Cs-cart is not smart about options since they use the same data for the “name” and the “title”. Hence you can have 100 “Color” options… But they don’t understand why this is a problem…

Yes they are exported with id, as this {12345}.

I find and replace in excel with wildcard {***} and remove them all, then import back to CS if I want the same options elsewhere.

But like I said the options will come in fine but you wont have them set up as Global Options in the back end, you will have to recreate these if you need them.

Thanks

John

If they ever expect to get multi-company to work properly, they will have to address the import of options, features and filters so that they are database independent. I.e. it may require a look-up to see if it exists before updating. But I think they’d be much smarter to make all options global and simply have a “name” and “title” where “name” could be “Product Colors small” and title would be “Color”. Then every product that wanted to use “Color” could select which option set they wanted to use and reference it by “name”. But the customer would simply see the “title” of “Color” (or Colour for you Brits and Cannucks).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If they ever expect to get multi-company to work properly, they will have to address the import of options, features and filters so that they are database independent. I.e. it may require a look-up to see if it exists before updating. But I think they’d be much smarter to make all options global and simply have a “name” and “title” where “name” could be “Product Colors small” and title would be “Color”. Then every product that wanted to use “Color” could select which option set they wanted to use and reference it by “name”. But the customer would simply see the “title” of “Color” (or Colour for you Brits and Cannucks).[/QUOTE]

Is right, good ideas would be a great step forward, that and options that add qtys together to give product qty discount table rate are the 2 main things that hinder stores with many product options like mine

John