Global options inventory

Hello.

Im new to cs-cart, I downloaded a trial version a few days ago to have a play and it does pretty much everything I want it to do.

But a lot of my products will be using global options and I cant for the life of me work out if its possible to setup inventory levels against the global options so that the inventory will be reflected in each item.

Is it possible to do this?

Also the subscriptions section / recurring payments. how does this work?

If a customer orders say 1 of X to be delivered weekly then they go through with the first order using a credit / debit card are all future orders under that subscription processed automatically and payments taken or does the customer have to make a payment every time a order is produced under the subscription?

Having a service like this will be a huge asset to my business because the margins and selling price are quite low so to be able to automate alot of the process would be great.

Hope somebody can answer my questions.

Thanks

[quote name=‘cs-cart-newbie’]But a lot of my products will be using global options and I cant for the life of me work out if its possible to setup inventory levels against the global options so that the inventory will be reflected in each item.

Is it possible to do this?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you set ‘Inventory’ to “Track with options”. After adding the global options to the product, click the “Options combinations” link and either add your combination or hit the “rebuild combinations” link - you will then be able to add the inventory quantities for each option combination.

[QUOTE]Also the subscriptions section / recurring payments. how does this work?

If a customer orders say 1 of X to be delivered weekly then they go through with the first order using a credit / debit card are all future orders under that subscription processed automatically and payments taken or does the customer have to make a payment every time a order is produced under the subscription?

[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, you will need to process the subscription which generates a new order that the customer must pay. You process the subscriptions at the "Subscription events’ link and an email is sent notifying the customer that their new installment is now due; you set these email up in ‘Orders’ tab of the Recurring billing options in Administration->Addons. It is possible that the card is charged automatically if a credit card is stored for the customer - we do not store credit cards - so you could test this possibility.

Bob