Global options and inventory question

It appears that the inventory for global options is set for each item to be counted for every global option variation possible… so for example, two options with three values will give 6 combinations and each combination gets their own inventory amount… Which makes sense for say a shirt shop with different variations…

However my question is how to make it so that each option has it's own inventory before it is applied into combinations… so for example, say if I am selling a product that includes 2 green balls and 2 red balls and another product that includes 2 red balls and 1 black ball… I want to be able to set each colored ball inventory separately like 10 green balls, 5 red balls, 5 black balls so that if one of the balls have 0 inventory it will show that on the site

Does that make sense? Is there a way to do that in CS Cart?

Thanks, and sorry if that was confusing

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Hello, abda53!

Probably, the Product Configurator option will suit your needs. Please check it out: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1318836347' post='123858']

Hello, abda53!

Probably, the Product Configurator option will suit your needs. Please check it out: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

I did see that at first, but please correct me if I am wrong, it looked like the Product Configurator does NOT keep track of individual inventory? I need to keep track of a global option inventory… but I will look at that section again in case I missed that

[quote name='abda53' timestamp='1318849135' post='123876']

I did see that at first, but please correct me if I am wrong, it looked like the Product Configurator does NOT keep track of individual inventory? I need to keep track of a global option inventory… but I will look at that section again in case I missed that

[/quote]

I think I found a workaround if anyone else was interested…

First I created new products for each option - in my case for example, red bells and blue bells. If you don't want these to show up on the store listing then make it hidden. Then I created a new product for the main item (package 1). Then I created a new Cart Promotion where if package 1 was selected, then it would give 1 red bell and 1 blue bell for free. I also added the colored bells as features and assigned it (multiple checkboxes) to package 1. In the checkout the user can select which bell they want to choose. It works great so far that I can tell and it handles global inventory for the options.

I did find a bug, but I don't have permission to post in the proper forum… but if you add the package item to the cart and then get x amount of “free” items, you can change the package item number to a higher number than 1, and your free items should be added up as well since you would be getting more than one. Right now if you change the count the additional free items stay at 1.