Global Option Hints to Store Owner

I thought there was a way to do this, but I can not find it anymore.

I have a lot of Global Options that have the same Name, but are designed for specific products. Isn't there a way to put a descriptor hint next to a global option so that the store owner can tell one global option apart from another if they have the same name? This descriptor Hint is not shown to the customer.

For example, I will have many global options called Color. How can I tell them apart when selecting them from a product?

David

I was looking for this a while back. I think there should be 2 name sin the backend for the global options. Admin name (not shown to customer) and front end name. There was a post on here from Texasguy a while back for something he coded to do this but I cant seem to find it now.

John

Perfect. I remember reading about it also awhile back.

Update: I found it at Global options list - Wishlist & Feature Requests - CS-Cart Community Forums

I will give it a try.

Works perfectly using version 2.2.3 PROFESSIONAL!

I had to make the change in:

customer/views/products/components/product_options.tpl

customer/common_templates/options_info.tpl

If you want to hide it in the Admin Order Area you also need to make similar changes in the Admin Templates:

admin/common_templates/options_info.tpl

Also change:

mail/common_templates/options_info.tpl

Nice one, good find I will be using this.

John

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1318291532' post='123364']

Works perfectly using version 2.2.3 PROFESSIONAL!

I had to make the change in:

customer/views/products/components/product_options.tpl

customer/common_templates/options_info.tpl

If you want to hide it in the Admin Order Area you also need to make similar changes in the Admin Templates:

admin/common_templates/options_info.tpl

Also change:

mail/common_templates/options_info.tpl

[/quote]

Could you please tell me how to modify the template? I added the folloing code the the end of the template file, but it doesn't work. The words between []still shows on the front end.

{assign var="nname" value=$po.option_name}
{if $nname|stripos:"["!==false}
{assign var="x" value=$nname|stripos:"["}
{assign var="nname" value=$nname|substr:0:$x}
{assign var="nname" value=$nname|trim}
{php}echo $nname{/php}
{/if}