Gift Certificates & Shipping Cost

Hi,

I want to offer the customer the option to buy gift certificates. THe virutal ones, works perfect.

But I have a problem with the printed ones. Tee shipping cost can't be defined for them, only for products.

How can I set the shipping cost for a gift certificate based on the entered adress?

It is possible or it needs customization? From what i have seen, it needs customization, but I want to be 100% sure.

Why the shipping cost is not applied to gift certificate shipped via postal mail?

Does anyone know about this?

Cheers,

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

It is the standard CS-Cart functionality that if the “Send via postal mail” method of sending a gift certificate is selected when purchasing it on the storefront, no shipping cost will be added to order total. An order will be placed with free shipping if there is only this gift certificate in the cart. If it does not suit you, you can consider our custom development service or ask third-party developers to change this functionality.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hello Pavel,

Thanks for feedback, but I think there are a few aspects that need adjustments.

I know that shipping cost applies if the gc is grouped with at least one product, but that is related to product.

For example, if I want a voucher, via postal mail, the details from adress and city, country, does not appear in cart, or in admin panel, it just dont appear.

And also, i dont see the logic in buying a gift certificate and not override, in cart, my shipping address details (temporary), in order to create the total cost.

How can i deliver a gc through postal mail, if i don;t see the address in storefront? :)

Also, the preview for a printed gc is not working. i wrote in bug tracker also, but still waiting feedback.

Something looks incomplete here, sorry.

Cheers,

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the reply.

Our engineer has already answered your post in the appropriate issue of Bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-2730-gift-certificates-shipping-cost/ Please check it.

In order to fix the problem with printing a gift certificate, you should replace the following part of the code:

if (!empty($gift_cert_data['template'])) {
$templates = fn_get_gift_certificate_templates();
$gift_cert_data['template'] = isset($templates[$gift_cert_data['template']]) ? $gift_cert_data['template'] : key($templates);

$gc_data = fn_get_gift_certificate_info($gift_cert_data, 'P', $stored_products);

Registry::get('view_mail')->assign('gift_cert_data', $gc_data);
Registry::get('view_mail')->display('addons/gift_certificates/templates/' . $gift_cert_data['template']);
}

with this one:

$templates = fn_get_gift_certificate_templates();

if (empty($gift_cert_data['template']) || !isset($templates[$gift_cert_data['template']])) {
$gift_cert_data['template'] = key($templates);
}

$gc_data = fn_get_gift_certificate_info($gift_cert_data, 'P', $stored_products);

Registry::get('view_mail')->assign('gift_cert_data', $gc_data);
Registry::get('view_mail')->display('addons/gift_certificates/templates/' . $gift_cert_data['template']);

return true;

in the “func.php” file located in the “addons/gift_certificates” directory of your CS-Cart installation.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank you Pavel.

It works like charm.

Hello Robert,

You are welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team