Gift cert % discounts

Hi All,

I want to start a promotion next week where as when anyone uses a promo code I am having printed in the local newspaper they can enter it and get 15% off anything they purchase online, I have looked at promotions and gift certs but dont see its possible. Maybe I have to assign a user group for all new registrations etc but thought Id ask you guys if I am missing a simpler way.

Thanks

John

John,

This can be easily done with Promotions so not sure what you looked at that indicated you couldn’t do it that way. You would create a Cart promotion with the begin date if you want it to start on a specific day.

Then in the Conditions tab, add a condition of Coupon Code which is where you will put in the code that you are printing in the newspaper which will be required at time of checkout to receive the discount.

I don’t think you need to put all of the categories as a condition because if you don’t put any then it will assume that all will be given the discount. You might want to test that, though. :slight_smile:

Then on the Bonuses tab, you’ll need to add a Bonus of Order Discount and select By percentage of original price then type in 15 to give a 15% discount to the order total. You can also choose to give the discount by categories and/or products - you’ll have to decide which type of Bonus you want to use.

This should be it - make sure the Promotion is Active and your customers should be able to enter the code and receive the discount.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Stephanie,

I just couldnt get my head around it in the promotions tab and the more I stared at it the more my brain shutdown :stuck_out_tongue: But Ill get back on it now.

Neat site by the way.

John

Hi Just to add to Stephanies comments,

admin did require me to add all categories to the condistions tab.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Hi Just to add to Stephanies comments,

admin did require me to add all categories to the condistions tab.

John[/QUOTE]

You shouldn’t have to. I have a promotion for a percentage off all items and I didn’t select any categories. Under “Conditions” I have “Coupon code: equal: MYCODE” and under “Bonuses” I have “Order discount: by percentage of original price: 15”.

I have set the discount promotion thank you,

it works fine on products without option modifers but I have modifers on a test product here for extra printing cost etc.

[url]http://www.elitesportswear.co.uk/stanno-junior-porto-teamshirt-short-sleeves-410100clone.html[/url]

but when I get to enter the promo code with this product it gives error that is “not a valid coupon code” as attached.

Any help is appreciated.

John

no coupon.jpg

Hi John,

Can you provide screenshots of your promotion so we can see if there is something not set up correctly? If you set it up the way I mentioned and didn’t assign any categories but just took a straight discount off the order total, it should work no matter what item is in the cart, options or not.

It’s kind of hard to help without screenshots so if you can provide those, we might be able to help you out further.

Hi Stephanie, thanks for looking.

it works fine until I use the product in the link above. Try it for yourself to see if you can.The promo code is the saints

The screenshots are attached. the 1st one shows options in cart with modifiers the second one shows, checkout with code “the saints” entered. (without quotes)

Thanks again

John

no coupon.jpg

cart items.jpg

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]

The screenshots are attached. the 1st one shows options in cart with modifiers the second one shows, checkout with code “the saints” entered. (without quotes)

[/QUOTE]

I think she meant screenshots of the admin promotions area to see how you setup the promotion.

Whhooops:confused:

Also it works fine on std products?

Thanks

JOhn

promo 4.jpg

promo 3.jpg

promo 2.jpg

AAARRGGGHHHH!!.

I got it, I atlered the category of the product which I am using to test, to a new hidden category so it wasnt included in the original categories which I added to the promo. Doh!.

Thanks for poiting me in the right direction hope it helps others.

John

LOL! I’ve had that happen to me before…just posting the problem then looking at it again solved the problem!

Glad you figured out what the problem was and good luck with your promotion.