Getting message saying our trial has ended and we need to upgrade

For some reason we seem to get intermitant messages on our pro sites (2.2.2) that say that our 30 day trial has ended and we need to update. It doesn't do this all the time, but when it does it will happen a good 30-45 minutes on every thing we do and then the message goes away for a few days, even a couple of weeks. The problem is all 3 of the sites that this happens to are all pro sites I have had for a few years. I also went to the new database CS created and it shows the correct information when we put in the license number.

Could this the call back trying to contact CS every time we save a customers order or change information on a customer? I sure hope not!

make sure your license numbers are correct, if they are then you will have to contact support, they will help you.

just saw this tool which can help Check your CS-Cart license status

@mendy

Yep, the license is correct and is the same that it has been for some time. I had already checked the URL you mentioned just for the heck of it and it said the license was active and the domain was correct.

I have a feeling the error goes beyond our website and has something to do with not being able to connect to the CS server. I'm just wondering if they are checking the license every time I edit and save a file.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please specify http://updates.cs-cart.com in the “Updates server” text input field on the “Settings: Upgrade center” page in the administration panel. After that please try clearing cache of your browser and logging out and logging in again to your CS-Cart administration panel and let us know whether the mentioned message is still displayed. If yes, the problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Well, I'm assuming that since this happens on various occasions on the 3 pro sites, they all have the correct link as we have been doing the upgrades after they come out and I have had to clear the cache multiple times just to get 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 to work at all, I will assume that the problem is probably on your side.

It did stop giving the “upgrade” message shortly after I posted this thread yesterday. So the error is very intermittent. I should also mention that we noticed that while the error happens on one of the PCs in our office, it does not on another one. So far we seem to be getting the error most often when we mark a customers order as “shipped”. I've tried it from other PCs, but we did not get the error. The PC we do most of our shipping from is Windows XP, but I can't imagine that being an issue.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me explain how it works. The mentioned notification appears when a request from your store is sent to our server in order to verify the validity of your license number and a response is received from our server. It could occur because an incorrect license number is specified in the administration panel (or it is not specified at all) or an updates server is not specified on the Settings > Upgrade Center page in your CS-Cart admin panel. It should be specified as http://updates.cs-cart.com.

However it could occur because you entered correct information and this notification message still appears in the administration panel. In this case it is recommended to clear the cache of your browser, log out and log in again to your CS-Cart administration panel.

If you still experience this problem in some of your stores after implementing my recommendations, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server so that we can check the problem on your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Sorry Pavel, I am guessing you are not reading my comments. The error points to a delayed response or something on your server, not on our sites. I am guessing that maybe your server cannot handle the amount of license checks or something. You should probably make the license check less frequently within the software so it does not require as much out of your server.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1317377208' post='122653']

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me explain how it works. The mentioned notification appears when a request from your store is sent to our server in order to verify the validity of your license number and a response is received from our server. It could occur because an incorrect license number is specified in the administration panel (or it is not specified at all) or an updates server is not specified on the Settings > Upgrade Center page in your CS-Cart admin panel. It should be specified as http://updates.cs-cart.com.

However it could occur because you entered correct information and this notification message still appears in the administration panel. In this case it is recommended to clear the cache of your browser, log out and log in again to your CS-Cart administration panel.

If you still experience this problem in some of your stores after implementing my recommendations, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server so that we can check the problem on your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

What about those of us who weren't given a license number? If some configuration is necessary for the update server, I haven't been informed of that either. We purchased it two weeks ago and it still says “trial”

I just received a notice (email) from this post today telling me that CS-Cart replied to this thread. The problem is the reply looks like it was actually posted way back on…

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

Is the forum sending out bogus or delayed emails for some reason?