Getting 2 Autoresponder emails instead of just 1

Hi All

I have 2 problems, The first is the customer ends up getting 2 autoresponder emails instead of just the 1 once and order has been processed. How do I set it up so that the customer only receives one email invoice?

The 2nd problem is the email Footer of the autoresponder email. Currently I have it setup as saying “Thank you for using our shopping cart” at the bottom. How do remove this or even edit it to add my own words in?

Any help is much appreciated.

In Orders/Order statuses, check the settings for all order statuses. The notify customer checkbox should be checked for Open and Processed.

The email template is located at:

skins//mail/orders/invoice.tpl

OK I have only activated “Notify Customer” for the Open and Processed order statuses but am still getting two confirmation emails instead of 1.

Has any one faced this problem before?

Please help

Hi,

What payment processor do you have? Or if you have multiple ones, does it happen for all? I I have a slight problem with Amazon payments the customer and I get two for order placed and one for order processed for each order. I have PayPal express and no one gets an invoice. I’d rather have two instead of none.

Bob

My Payment Processor is “Securetrading” which is UK based I think, tho they may have US customers too.

Anyway I spoke to them and they are aware of the issue, they say it might be cos I have a newer version of CS Cart because their plug in was created for an older version.

Can anyone help with the other issue?

The email Footer of the autoresponder email. Currently it’s setup as saying “Thank you for using our shopping cart” at the bottom.

How do remove this? or even edit it to add my own words in?

I also receive 2 emails per order when the payement is made by bank wire, does not happen with other processors

The way this works is:

If there is a payment processor id (I.e. not paypal, google checkout, etc) then any email speicifed in the Open state is skipped and email is sent when the payment process responds with SUCCESS or FAILURE. If SUCCESS, the order will move to Processed and the email will be sent then.

Paypal, Google checkout and other processors that skip he checkout page in the cart do NOT come back with a payment status and stay in the Open state. They will move to Processed only when you do so manually. In this case, the system WILL send the email when the order hits Open. So if you are using this type of payment method, don’t move it to Processed and you will avoid the duplicate emails.

Hi,

My Amazon and PayPal payments start in open and automatically go to processed. I don’t do it manually. There is sometimes a delay, such as with Amazon, and remains in open for a few minutes and then automatically goes to processed.

Bob

Then that type of payment has a payment_id in the order. The paypal type where they go from the cart page to paypal does not. Same with GC. If the user goes through the checkout process on the cart then in all liklihood (other than check, telephone, po, etc.) there will be a payment_id associated with the payment method and the order should go to Processed all by itself when confirmation is received from the payment provider.

Edit: I have no idea how they’ve implemented Amazon. I can only tell you what the code does, not the specifics of each payment provider.

Yes, That is what I see. A payment ID followed by the order number a short time later.

Bob

tbirnseth

Are you suggesting that I should Untick the the Notify customer under the “Payment Processed” and only have it ticked under “Open Status”? OR is this only suggested for Paypal payments?

I still can’t figure out how to remove “Thank you for using our shopping cart” at the bottom of the email

I’m suggesting that if you are dealing with an order that is in the Open status that you NOT move it to Processed, but instead move it to Complete when you are done.

[QUOTE]I’m suggesting that if you are dealing with an order that is in the Open status that you NOT move it to Processed, but instead move it to Complete when you are done.[/QUOTE]

That is basically the same way we handle orders made by “offline payment methods”, when order is placed the status is Open triggering the order confirmation email, next when order Shipment is processed, status is changed to Shipped & shipment notification email is sent to customer with shipment details.