Get rid of this white space

Hi

I have been looking through the CSS and source code for what is causing the gap between my own content and the header.

I have been looking for hours now and I cannot see it anywhere, could someone please help me with the css class/id that is causing this large space, I need to reduce the gap to around 2 px’s

I have removed the quick cart and currency selector but the gap never closed, obviously a div somewhere thats causing this

Thanks in advance

Can you provide a link to your site?

John

Hi -

I believe you would need to edit:

#content {

padding: 26px 7px 0 7px;

background-color: #ffffff;

}

in style.css

(the 26px is the top value)

I’ve no idea if just editing the css is the correct method when working with Smarty Templates… but anyway, I think that is the value you’re looking for

[quote name=‘Fishpaste’]Hi -

I believe you would need to edit:

#content {

padding: 26px 7px 0 7px;

background-color: #ffffff;

}

[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much, couldnt see the woods for the trees.

[quote name=‘Fishpaste’]

I’ve no idea if just editing the css is the correct method when working with Smarty Templates… but anyway, I think that is the value you’re looking for[/QUOTE]

Could I ask why I shouldnt be editing in this way?

I’m new to the Smarty Template stuff… I’m not sure if you need to put your changes in the addons/my_changes folder for the template skin, to stop changes being overwritten by CS-Cart updates… but I might have completely misunderstood that bit…???

anyway - that is the correct css value - I’m just not sure if you edit the CSS file directly or save the changes in a file in the my_changes bit…

but if you find out I’d love to know!

good luck

Yeah I keep seeing posts where I should be using the My changes folder and updates destroying life’s.

I edit all my files locally and then upload the ones I made changes to, that way I will always have my current template/skin on my pc, (untouced by updates)

And I will only update online if really ness…I have the “If it aint broke” syndrome

Thanks for your help anyway, the gap has now gone.

@Fishpaste and @Christhepiss,

You might want to review this document. It was written quite a while ago but is still relevant. Just change ‘local’ to ‘my_changes’ and it will all make sense.

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/customizing_your_store.pdf[/url]

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/customizing_your_store.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

Wow Thank you

This is a really good read for any CS Cart Noob