Garden Machinery site- NEW!

Hi,

I have just completed my second site in cs-cart. This one is for a Garden Machinery suplier and the layout has been fairly heavily customised (quite a bit more than the last one.)

Let me knw what you think.

link removed due to google finding this post!

cheers

alfie

Anyone got any comments, thought there may be a few :confused:

Nice and clean however someone’s forgot to put a neutral coloured background on the active tabs or at least lighten the text and it looks out of focus.

i think the site is nice one suggestion would be to put some sort of color that reduces the contrast between the white and the green. a light green gradiant. and in the main buttons a color when selected or maybe a different text color.

on the main page i noticed that there were 2 font sizes from "we are … we have to offer " and size 2 from "we will also… "till the end

except those minor details i like the site and for sure annoy u a bit to help me out on the technicalities :stuck_out_tongue:

thnx

chahine

Completely changed this last year and thought I would post a link to it now for some opinions…

Cheers

[url]http://tinyurl.com/ygabqoq[/url]

[quote name=‘chahinemm’]i think the site is nice one suggestion would be to put some sort of color that reduces the contrast between the white and the green. a light green gradiant. and in the main buttons a color when selected or maybe a different text color.

on the main page i noticed that there were 2 font sizes from "we are … we have to offer " and size 2 from "we will also… "till the end

except those minor details i like the site and for sure annoy u a bit to help me out on the technicalities :stuck_out_tongue:

thnx

chahine[/QUOTE]

Hello Alfie,

Nice “Green” website :wink:

1 - Your website address for your tiny URL is [COLOR=“Red”]WITHOUT[/COLOR] “www”, your “Home” link is [COLOR=“Green”]WITH[/COLOR] “www”.

2 - Some of your long categories name are too long in your “Categories” menu. Try to change for a higher background to fix it.

3 - Light blue color is a little bit strange for me, in your top menu “Home - Catalogue - My Account - View cart”.

However, color matching is a very personal choice…

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Alfie’]Completely changed this last year and thought I would post a link to it now for some opinions…

Cheers

[URL]http://tinyurl.com/ygabqoq[/URL][/quote]

Hi Alfie,

it’s too much green there, I mean only one color. If you prefer one color, then you should use a palette of this color, not only one. Have a look here. There you will find all stuff about colors in web design. It’s the best site about this stuff what I know.

[URL]http://www.colourlovers.com/[/URL]

[quote name=‘Alfie’]Completely changed this last year and thought I would post a link to it now for some opinions…[/QUOTE]

I agree with Indy - too much green. Also, the blue for the top links doesn’t match at all.

Here’s another good site for finding colour combinations - [url]Colors on the Web > Color Tools > Color Wizard. Try and incorporate another colour into your design. Put the green (#11812C) into the hex code section, click on set and go down and have a look at all the different colours you can use with the green.

It would also look better if you made the text for your links the same size as the normal text.

The site is nice and clean and I really like the layout, etc.

Cheers for the feedback, you’ll notice that the blue part is just lazyness as this was the colour from the default theme and I haven’t bothered to change to change it.

I did try to break the green up with a two tone light/dark green on the side box headers. Also the main header and footer does have a gradient on it, but on reflection it is only slight! Will have a re-think and see what i come up with.

Will get onto those tiny link sizes too :cool:

Again thanks for the feedback,

Alfie

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I agree with Indy - too much green. Also, the blue for the top links doesn’t match at all.

Here’s another good site for finding colour combinations - [url]Colors on the Web > Color Tools > Color Wizard. Try and incorporate another colour into your design. Put the green (#11812C) into the hex code section, click on set and go down and have a look at all the different colours you can use with the green.

It would also look better if you made the text for your links the same size as the normal text.

The site is nice and clean and I really like the layout, etc.[/QUOTE]