Frontend: "the Ip Was Blocked After 10 Unsuccessful Logins"

Today I started getting this error when trying to view my site (blank page that just says that). Closing my browser fixes the issue and sometimes if I wait even just refreshing the page fixes the issue. But it keeps coming back over and over. I should note that this is not happening in the admin area...just when viewing my site. All the reading I seen seems to be directed to fixing if you see this trying to log into the admin area. Not sure what would cause this to start happening today or what the fix would be? Hopefully customers aren't seeing this warning.

This feature is from Access restrictions module

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/addons/access_restrictions/restrict_access.html

While I understand that it comes from that add-on I don't understand why it is happening. No one from my IP is trying to log in 10+ times (it's just me). And why is it blocking just the frontend and not the admin area?

While I understand that it comes from that add-on I don't understand why it is happening. No one from my IP is trying to log in 10+ times (it's just me). And why is it blocking just the frontend and not the admin area?

There are separate settings for store-front and back-end.

Try to uninstall and install the module to clear data in the database