Fresh 2.0.5, import from 1.3.5sp4

Hi

Have searched and can’t find this anywhere.

I have FRESH 2.0.5 install and an existing 1.3.5sp4 site.

My question is…

Is it possible to keep these completely seperate (NO upgrade) and import ALL database/images from the 1.3.5 to 2.0.5?

Obviously I don’t want to have to go into every product and add images etc!

Is there a solution?:confused:

BarryH

In 1.3.5 change images to file system then run an images export. If 2.0.5 is on the same server then copy the image/backup file from 1.3.5 to 2.0.5. In 2.0.5 import the images using the file created in the first step.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]In 1.3.5 change images to file system then run an images export. If 2.0.5 is on the same server then copy the image/backup file from 1.3.5 to 2.0.5. In 2.0.5 import the images using the file created in the first step.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

But what about all of the information contained in the 1.3.5 database?

BarryH

EDIT* Have done what you suggest but products still have NO images! BarryH

Oh…you want everything huh? LOL I think you have been around long enough to know there isn’t an easy way. With a fresh install, either manually or with update script. I’m doing it manually. Been on it for the past week or so after I s****ped a few installs with the update script.

Edit: Wow! Is s c r a p p e d a bad word?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]

Edit: Wow! Is s c r a p p e d a bad word?[/quote]

**** oath, basically I would suggest against manual import/export as product options are not kept.

Hi

Thanks to both of you.

As you say I have been around a while but am still a beginner and nervous to say the least.

I don’t want to interfere with my 1.3.5 so how do I upgrade?

Would I need to copy my 1.3.5 to my other URL and then upgrade?

BarryH :oops:

[QUOTE]Ready file for 2.05 import detailed image column in cvs file cannot be last.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to tell to delete thumb column. It is not required. As cart will generate new ones in import process. Just make proper settings

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Thumbnails

As if you won’t like the result everything will have to be done over again…

Thanks Darius

You make it sound simple!

I already have 2.0.5 installed on a Sub-Domain so I should be able to just do the rest as you listed.

Thanks will try!

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Thanks Darius

You make it sound simple!

I already have 2.0.5 installed on a Sub-Domain so I should be able to just do the rest as you listed.

Thanks will try!

BarryH[/QUOTE]

One problem I had was I did not make right cvs file in first time, so when imported all products had a record of image not found. Another import attempt added pictures as additional, no overwritten.

In such case I went to

admin.php?dispatch=database.manage

of 2.05 cart installed on localhost with no demo or other products

and made a dump of

cscart_images

cscart_images_links

Now went to cart of unsucessful import

admin.php?dispatch=database.manage

restore section, and restored the dump.

There are other ways to empty fields via phpmyadmin but my server hasnt got this, so this is most simple way. Both carts must be 2.05!

damn, appear I have edited but not quoted msg above…

This is probably a DIM question (I should know the answer) but… Where do I find the database for my 1.3.5 cart?

BarryH

Well I tried the update script once again and was successful so this is the easiest approach to upgrading.

Barry,

Download the 1.3.5 to 2.0.5 update from helpdesk. Read the Readme that is included and if you have any questions then post back here. I would suggest that you use FireFox for the installation.

Thanks for that!!!

I have ONE question…

Unless i am totally misreading, the original 1.3.5sp4 (current site) is untouched and it IS the new 2.0.5 that is actually upgraded?

I think I have been worried in case my 1.3.5 (active site) was damaged.

BarryH

Yes, 1.3.5 will stay intact/untouched and all changes will be made to the 2.0.5 install. The only thing I didn’t like was that the name of the images had changed.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Yes, 1.3.5 will stay intact/untouched and all changes will be made to the 2.0.5 install. The only thing I didn’t like was that the name of the images had changed.[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks again! Problem…

after doing all the instructions I get this…

[COLOR=“Red”]Status: Done

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

it just sits there and doesn’t seem to want to move on!

BarryH

Start over. That’s what I kept getting. It is not done with the updating. You should see “The database upgrade is finished successfully!”

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Start over. That’s what I kept getting. It is not done with the updating. You should see “The database upgrade is finished successfully!”[/QUOTE]

yeahI keep running it over and over!

Hopefully it will continue at some point.

Thanks

Barry

[quote name=‘BarryH’]yeahI keep running it over and over!

Hopefully it will continue at some point.

Thanks

Barry[/QUOTE]

Before making sql backup that was ment for upgrade I have disabled every single addon available in

admin.php?target=settings§ion_id=Addons

Also I would recommend you to clear all statistics in

admin.php?target=view_statistics&mode=general

if it is not so important to you.

Not sure if this is the case but this has helped me.

Also I did not checked if new converter is any different from beta one I used but moving pictures to database and back has wrecked them. So I would better stay of of this step, better import them later…

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Hi thanks again! Problem…

after doing all the instructions I get this…

[COLOR=“Red”]Status: Done

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

it just sits there and doesn’t seem to want to move on!

BarryH[/QUOTE]

What browser are you using? I had this problem with IE8 but it worked fine with firefox.

[quote name=‘tletourneau’]What browser are you using? I had this problem with IE8 but it worked fine with firefox.[/QUOTE] Yeah! Discovered that thanks.

HOWEVER

After another FRESH install of 2.0.5 and then upgrade I get basically a blank screen (it is the home page) well it has background colour only! (Have installed several times now)

If I try to go to admin it throws me to an exception page on my original site!

I have got the 2.0.5 installed on an ADDON domain and it works well until you upgrade???

Where am I going wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

barryH