Free shipping to certain zipcodes?

I am trying to make a coupon for people that lives in the same city as me to get free shipping. What I have right now is:

I added all the zip codes of the city I live in (Kansas City, MO) but when I add the coupon on the checkout I get the message:

[HTML]Error

There is no such discount coupon.

Please try again.[/HTML]

So I figured out that if I only put 1 zip code it works but if I add multiple it doesn’t, even if I make a condition for each zip code.

[quote name=‘joelstitch’]So I figured out that if I only put 1 zip code it works but if I add multiple it doesn’t, even if I make a condition for each zip code.[/QUOTE]

Hello joelstitch,

You need to use the “in” operator instead of the “contains” one in this case.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello joelstitch,

You need to use the “in” operator instead of the “contains” one in this case.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team[/QUOTE]

Its still not working. I attached 2 images to show you the 2 ways I’ve tried.

The only problem now is that it adds the promotion automaticly after the customer adds the zip code and presses Save. I want the customer to have to add the coupon code for the promotion to work.

1.png

2.png

[quote name=‘joelstitch’]Its still not working. I attached 2 images to show you the 2 ways I’ve tried.[/quote]

In your first screen shot (left one); that won’t work because you have the rules set to match “All” being “True”, meaning their zip code would have to be all 4, which is impossible.

The second screen shot you provide; you are getting closer to the correct method, with the “in” and the list of zip codes, however, I think you need to use commas or some type of a way to tell it how to divide the list you are providing, I’ve configured tons of promotions with complicated items, but never had to do a zip code list, so not quite sure how to do this.

Maybe someone from cs-cart support can reply here? That’d be great. If I get a chance and they haven’t replied, and its still unsolved, I may go dig into the code and find out what’s up with it, as I’m quite curious now!

Got it working (so far)!!!

This is what I did:

[QUOTE]Group: if ALL of these conditions are TRUE

Coupon code: EQUAL Whatever your code will be

Group: if ANY of these conditions are TRUE

Customer zip/postal code: IN All the zip codes of the area I want to have free shipping (separated by comas and a space)[/QUOTE]

Thanks owenad, that helped a lot!

Promotion.png

[quote name=‘joelstitch’]Got it working (so far)!!!

This is what I did:

Thanks owenad, that helped a lot![/quote]

Glad to help! I see you ended up using commas with following space. Good to know! Thank you for replying with the screen shot! :slight_smile: