Free Shipping label - how to?

We just upgraded to v2.14 from 2.04 where we could modify the "buy_now.tpl to add a Free Shipping icon.

v2.14 no longer has a buy_now.tpl so these changes are not valid.

Anyone know how to add a Free Shipping icon in v2.14?

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]We just upgraded to v2.14 from 2.04 where we could modify the "buy_now.tpl to add a Free Shipping icon.

v2.14 no longer has a buy_now.tpl so these changes are not valid.

Anyone know how to add a Free Shipping icon in v2.14?[/QUOTE]

Why stop at 2.0.14?

Look in the KB. I think there is a how-to there.?

/blocks/list_templates/details_page.tpl

That worked! Thanks Jesse.

How do I create a file for the free shipping? check the link to see what I’m talking about [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

How do I create this file view_main_info.override.tpl? do I use wordpad?

any help will be much appreciated

[quote name=‘tom437’]How do I create a file for the free shipping? check the link to see what I’m talking about [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

How do I create this file view_main_info.override.tpl? do I use wordpad?

any help will be much appreciated[/QUOTE]

I just used text edit, then name the file appropriately and it should be good to go…

BUT I just did everything as listed on the page, and it didn’t work (2.1.1) so we’ll see, going to try some other stuff, I’ll post up if I manage to make it work

[quote name=‘njd76’]I just used text edit, then name the file appropriately and it should be good to go…

BUT I just did everything as listed on the page, and it didn’t work (2.1.1) so we’ll see, going to try some other stuff, I’ll post up if I manage to make it work[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you waiting for your update:D

[quote name=‘tom437’]Ok, thank you waiting for your update:D[/QUOTE]

Looks like this is all you have to do to get it to show up :wink: - just be sure you’re signed into admin when you do it and it will do the rest…

[quote name=‘njd76’]Looks like this is all you have to do to get it to show up :wink: - just be sure you’re signed into admin when you do it and it will do the rest…[/QUOTE]

Hi njd76,

does it work on v2.1.2???

I am facing the same problem .

Could you tell me more details ? Thank you

P.S. I already suggested CS guys to make a tutorial video for newbie…:frowning:

[quote name=‘londonman’]Hi njd76,

does it work on v2.1.2???

I am facing the same problem .

Could you tell me more details ? Thank you

P.S. I already suggested CS guys to make a tutorial video for newbie…:([/QUOTE]

I haven’t done the upgrade to 2.1.2 yet, but I would assume that it should be the same. Famous last words, but the ‘how to’ page and the Cache reset instructions should be everything you need to make it work.

[quote name=‘njd76’]I haven’t done the upgrade to 2.1.2 yet, but I would assume that it should be the same. Famous last words, but the ‘how to’ page and the Cache reset instructions should be everything you need to make it work.[/QUOTE]

Hi , thanks for reply .

How about the 2.1.1 ?

Hmmm… could you please give me more details ? I actually did according to the link [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation.

i created a free shipping method ,

also i sign in the admin panel when i was doing it .

view_main_info.override.tpl

i use the label image format is png and gif…

Please let me know whether i have missed something ?

Thanks, :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you follow the instructions for Cache cleanup? That was what was keeping my free shipping image from showing up even though I had followed all of the other instructions for the image. I used a GIF image file, and it has worked very well.

Specifically:

If you made the changes but they are not displayed, please try to clean up the template cache. In order to do it open this link in your browser: http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc

where www.your_domain.com is the address of your store and

where admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store that was renamed for security reasons.

[quote name=‘njd76’]Did you follow the instructions for Cache cleanup? That was what was keeping my free shipping image from showing up even though I had followed all of the other instructions for the image. I used a GIF image file, and it has worked very well.

Specifically:

If you made the changes but they are not displayed, please try to clean up the template cache. In order to do it open this link in your browser: http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc

where www.your_domain.com is the address of your store and

where admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store that was renamed for security reasons.
[/QUOTE]

hi, amazing, it works…Thank you very much :smiley:

but the image seems not to the good position,is there any possible to move the image place?:smiley:

Glad it helped! I didn’t play around with image placement all that much, but I did adjust the size and position (as far as the placement of text in the image) to get a decent feel.

I have just been trying this on V2.1.1 and what I had to do to get the image to show on my site was to alter the image path to the full path

this is the code I used:

{if $product.free_shipping == ‘Y’}

{/if}

and it worked

John Carroll