free shipping issue?

I’m trying to setup free shipping and I followed the kb on it.

Well, I have it set for all, but if I checkout as guest or admin, it doesn’t show up.

It only shows up if logged in on a regular account.

Bug or just me?

Works for me - logged in as regular account, logged in as admin or checking out as guest.

Bob

On the demo cs-cart there was a manual shipping method setup. I deleted it and created a new one, and it’s not showing up there either.

Edit:

I see, the default doesn’t get inherited by anything, and neither does any location that encompasses another location. It should be slightly more clear in the instructions on that maybe. All cleared up though.

There does still seem to be an issue. I added a new cost dependency for $100, 0 shipping. The issue is the default more than $0 lists 0. I thought it ignored that main one, but it appears that all shipping is free this way.

We have calculated FedEX shipping rates and don’t want the free shipping option to show up unless the order is over $100.

I added a cost dependency of $100, 0, for the FedEX ground, but it seems to ignore those.

Is there something else I’m missing?

Are you using manual or real-time rates for FedEx?

Is there any overlap between your default and other locations? I personally prefer to disable the default location and create specific locations instead - it just seems to work more reliably and is easier to troubleshoot.

Bob

Real-time FedEX rates. We have a custom FedEx Cafe system we use in the warehouse.

We have USA and Nevada setup as locations. We only do free shipping in the US and we only tax Nevada.

We wanted the free $100 to show up only for orders over $100, but it seems the manual shipping can’t just not exist for everything < 100. I can always make under $100 something like $999 so noone ever picks it, but we wanted it first so it auto selects when free shipping is available.

[quote name=‘phazei’]Real-time FedEX rates. We have a custom FedEx Cafe system we use in the warehouse.

We have USA and Nevada setup as locations. We only do free shipping in the US and we only tax Nevada.

We wanted the free $100 to show up only for orders over $100, but it seems the manual shipping can’t just not exist for everything < 100. I can always make under $100 something like $999 so noone ever picks it, but we wanted it first so it auto selects when free shipping is available.[/QUOTE]

The shipping charges tab only allows adding additional charges to real-time rates (e.g., handling charges). If you are using real-time rates, you will need to do a free-shipping promotion for orders over $100.

Bob

Thanks, that did it, and we can still set the conditions to exclude Alaska and Hawaii :smiley:

I had even tried editing the serialized shipping data in the db and removing the 0 index, but it didn’t work either, hehe.